05-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #82
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Well isn't this a lively discussion.

I love my i3 and drive it everyday. Long time BMW fan. Can afford to drive something fancier but I still choose the i3. I think the appeal for me is more about the quality of materials and the go-cart size/feel of it. Its just easy to drive. Never had any problems with 80 mile range but I'm happy to see BMW is increasing to over 100. I ordered a Model 3 like many of us here have done. Honestly though I doubt I'll actually take delivery of that car. I did the same thing with the Model X and S but when it finally came time to see the car in person I just couldn't see myself driving it. I think Tesla has an interior fit and finish issue. Its the little things that I think BMW does right with the i3 that makes it fun to drive. I can't say this is true with the i8 though. (center console storage flap design rant...). Perhaps I think the Tesla so far is just a little boring. Acknowledging though BMW has been heavily criticized for that same issue over the years. I think we can all agree the i3 interior is definitely not boring.

Perhaps depreciation will plummet like every other EV has done. Not to be unexpected as everyone is just figuring out these EV's. For me, the i3 evolution is so minor I'd more than likely buy-out my current i3 than lease a new one. I've got about 12 months until I make that decision for real though. Overall: I'm happy with the 2017 i3 changes.

- Time
Appreciate 0