Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
eliucp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw i8, range rover sport atb

anyone got an i8 with gloss black wheels tinted windows in metallic grey exterior?

i'm debating on whether or not to powdercoat my rims gloss black. it's currently on plasti dip but it doesn't look nearly as nice and it's coming off. also, i curbed one of the rims so i thought might as well, the powder coating will heal it. but since powder coating is a permanent thing, i'd love to see how the gloss black rims would look on my car's original paint (mine is currently wrapped in satin black).

i searched all over the internet and couldn't find a one in that spec.. if anyone has theirs with this spec or has a picture of one, please share some photos!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 02:52 AM   #2
Maxxsirrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 2017, Crystal White

Garage List
i've done mine and they look great, but I've got the crystal white i8. I have seen a metallic grey one with black powder coated wheels and I thought it looked fantastic, really mean and stealth effect. Here, found this pic of one, its a grey wrap but gives you a good idea.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
Jason B
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliucp View Post
i'm debating on whether or not to powdercoat my rims gloss black. it's currently on plasti dip but it doesn't look nearly as nice and it's coming off. also, i curbed one of the rims so i thought might as well, the powder coating will heal it. but since powder coating is a permanent thing, i'd love to see how the gloss black rims would look on my car's original paint (mine is currently wrapped in satin black).

i searched all over the internet and couldn't find a one in that spec.. if anyone has theirs with this spec or has a picture of one, please share some photos!
Def post a pic of the satin black.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
eliucp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsirrah View Post
i've done mine and they look great, but I've got the crystal white i8. I have seen a metallic grey one with black powder coated wheels and I thought it looked fantastic, really mean and stealth effect. Here, found this pic of one, its a grey wrap but gives you a good idea.....
amazing!! thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
eliucp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Def post a pic of the satin black.
here it is!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #6
Jason B
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Ok, looks GREAT! You're in toronto? I have an awesome place that does great powdercoating here, awesome. $4-500 for 4 in any color.

Def post more pics! want to see the front and the rear!
Appreciate 0