BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

05-20-2024, 07:29 PM   #1
lloydikus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3

Arrow Check Engine Light and Errors After 12v Battery Replacement

2014 BMW i3 - About a week ago I was getting random "Selector Lever Malfunction" errors. After researching decided was time to switch out my 12v battery. Sure enough, battery that was in the car was put in 10 years ago (I bought it 6 months ago).

Once I replaced the 12v battery car started up and is now drivable. However, now I have a check engine light on and I've noticed the AC isn't blowing cold. Car seems to drive fine and I've driven it a bit over the last few days to see if things would reset themselves. No luck yet.

Have also double-checked 12v battery health and it's at 99% and I did fully charge the new 12v battery before inserting.

Using Bimmerlink I'm getting the codes below in permanent errors, error memory, and info memory. Some of the info memory errors clear the engine light when deleted in Bimmerlink, some do not. The engine light comes back on as soon as the car is restarted.

It's strange because I was not getting any kind of check engine light before the battery replacement. Since there is an air conditioning system error in both the error memory and info memory I'm tempted to start looking at that first. I'm not sure if that's just a symptom of something else not working though. Any ideas on where to start with this one would be amazing!

----PERMANENT ERRORS----
0A Range extender electrical machine electronics
  • CB9517: Signal (Steuerung_Abschalt_EKP_Crash [1], 0x19B): Invalid value

----ERROR MEMORY----

78 Integrated automatic heating / air conditioning system - Can't clear error with Bimmerlink
  • 8013CF: eKMV: OBD HV voltage sensor above the valid range of values 8013F6: Function test eKMV (OBD)

----INFO MEMORY----
1A Electrical machine electronics - Clears through Bimmerlink but comes back
  • 2239D1: eKMV, FIS_DFC_DOBD_IHKA_5_7, 0x8013CF
  • 22280B: HV power management: switch-off request cat 4
  • E89400: Message (vehicle status, 0x3A0) is missing

40 Body Domain Controller - Clears through Bimmerlink but comes back
  • 8040BC: IBS Wakeup: implausible wake-up signal

60 Instrument panel - Clears check engine light until car restart but Bimmerlink can't clear error
  • B7F669: Combination: information error 1
  • E12C2F: Interface HU (acknowledgment request combination, 0x172): signal faulty
  • E12C30: Interface HU (Status Service Call TeleX, 0x30F): signal faulty

61 Telematic Communication Box - Clears check engine light until car restart but Bimmerlink can't clear error
  • 610019: NVM integrity check failed
  • E14406: CAN message timeout GPS_PO_EXTS_MOST
  • E14426: Invalid signal in CAN message GPS_PO_EXTS_MOST
  • E14414: CAN message STAT_ZV_KLAPPEN exceeded time
  • E14437: Invalid signal in CAN message GPS_PO_MOST

78 Integrated automatic heating / air conditioning system - Clears check engine light until car restart but Bimmerlink can't clear error
  • 078022: Message (vehicle status, 0x3A0) is missing
Appreciate 0