BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW i Forums > BMW i8 Forums > BMW i8 General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
motorsport_cat
Private First Class
motorsport_cat's Avatar
7
Rep
192
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Chassis Codes for the i3 and i8

Does anyone know what the Chassis Codes are for the i3 and the i8? I'm trying to decipher what the license plate means on this pic, as on pics of new BMW releases there is usually a meaning on the license plate.
Attached Images
  
__________________
///Meow
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
motorsport_cat
Private First Class
motorsport_cat's Avatar
7
Rep
192
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

No one?
__________________
///Meow
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
313
Rep
3,241
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Internally i3 is known as i1 and i8 is known as i12.
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Kyle B
This one goes to 11.
Kyle B's Avatar
7
Rep
588
Posts

 
Drives: E30, E60
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2D Hologram Universe

iTrader: (0)

for me, the chassis code is iWant.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
bimmerjph's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,978
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Internally i3 is known as i1 and i8 is known as i12.
I am curious. Why didn't BMW call it the i1? Are they planning even smaller cars?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
313
Rep
3,241
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
I am curious. Why didn't BMW call it the i1? Are they planning even smaller cars?
Yes. By 2020 there will be a full portfolio of BMWi vehicles.
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
bimmerjph's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,978
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes. By 2020 there will be a full portfolio of BMWi vehicles.
Considering the i3 isn't exactly a large car, i take it the i1 will be isetta sized?

I'd be down for a modern isetta.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
advantage20
First Lieutenant
advantage20's Avatar
France
26
Rep
300
Posts

 
Drives: 330d Touring Individual
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

So far the rumored models yet to be released are :

City mini car (i1?)
Family "van" (i4?)
SUV (i5?)
Family sedan (i6?)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
313
Rep
3,241
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Considering the i3 isn't exactly a large car, i take it the i1 will be isetta sized?

I'd be down for a modern isetta.
i1 is planned as a small city car , in a way it can be looked as the production car of the ideas illustrated within the MINI Rocketman.
The i1 is being planned as a four seater small city car , around the same dimensions as a Smart.

Its only recently that work has commenced on the next concepts for BMWi as taking the i3 and i8 from vision to reality has been the current focus.
A mid-sized sedan is also in conceptual stage utilising the new BMWi design language and technology , the car will receive Rolls-Royce and i3 type rear hinged doors. The space concept was perfectly illustrated on the Vision EfficientDynamics concept which was a true four seater, unlike the new i8.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel
bimmerjph's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,978
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
i1 is planned as a small city car , in a way it can be looked as the production car of the ideas illustrated within the MINI Rocketman.
The i1 is being planned as a four seater small city car , around the same dimensions as a Smart.

Its only recently that work has commenced on the next concepts for BMWi as taking the i3 and i8 from vision to reality has been the current focus.
A mid-sized sedan is also in conceptual stage utilising the new BMWi design language and technology , the car will receive Rolls-Royce and i3 type rear hinged doors. The space concept was perfectly illustrated on the Vision EfficientDynamics concept which was a true four seater, unlike the new i8.
Interesting. Is the i4 still on track for being a sports car based on the i3?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
turbolag's Avatar
12
Rep
1,124
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Considering the i3 isn't exactly a large car, i take it the i1 will be isetta sized?

I'd be down for a modern isetta.
I would dig that. A shorter (height) Smartcar, more powerful, a rennaissance of the original Mini Cooper/a Japanese Kei car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST