02-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Headlight / Grille Alignment

I have a favor to ask...can someone post some close up shots of the grille and headlight. Specifically a top down view of the grille and how it lines up with the hood (i.e. does the outer edge stick out or does it run flush with the hood). And for the headlight, I'm interested in the bottom portion and where it sits compared to the body (is it perfectly flush with the body lines, or does it sit "in" a little bit, to where you can run your finger on the body itself along the bottom of the headlight).

I just noticed some differences on mine between the driver and passenger side, and I'm not sure what is "correct". Having just got it back for the hood and headlight repair, I'm not entirely surprised, but I'm curious what it's supposed to look like and whether there was further damage or if it wasn't put back together properly.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #2
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I would meet up with some other i8s and eyeball them side-by-side. Maybe compare w a new one at the dealer where the bodywork was done.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
I don't know any i8 owners around here. I can definitely check it out in person, but I'm not dropping it off till Thursday - I was just trying to get an idea ahead of time.
Appreciate 0