Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i, G30 M550i, iX 50i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I’m getting really annoyed this update hasn’t been presented to me yet. I’m even more annoyed that I can’t tell what version is currently installed. Not sure what has changed, but I used to be able to see that I had 11/2022.44 installed from within the vehicle.

Resetting iDrive every week to get my eSIM working is getting really annoying and I’m hoping that something in .64 fixes that. It’s simply the vehicle is not handing out local IP addresses. When this happens, my CarPlay doesn’t work either; however, resetting iDrive fixes both simultaneously.
I gave up on the eSIM 6 weeks ago and just canceled the plan. Will wait till it’s stable before I reactivate. It’s just too frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 02:56 PM   #90
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerboi View Post
I gave up on the eSIM 6 weeks ago and just canceled the plan. Will wait till it’s stable before I reactivate. It’s just too frustrating.
It’s not the eSIM service that’s the problem. It’s the vehicle not handing out local IP addresses or the default gateway. Without either of those, your device’s Internet traffic will go nowhere. A simple iDrive reboot will fix this temporarily. I can go for one to two weeks with no problems. It’s definitely not your carrier and it is 100% the vehicle’s fault.

You can easily prove this to yourself. If your device connects to the vehicle’s hotspot and the traffic is going nowhere, go to the IP address section on your device and you will either not have an IP address or you won’t have a default gateway from the vehicle’s DHCP server. Considering that an iDrive reboot fixes this issue, that proves it is the vehicle and not the carrier.
Appreciate 1
ricerboi906.50
      03-12-2023, 03:18 PM   #91
M60Cruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
For the benefit of others it’s marked, clear as day, and has been on the same spot on BMWs for more than a decade.
Thanks hugo_nz
I'm a BMW newbie.
Wasn't expecting a key missing message.
I must have touched it as I ran the fob up and down the column
because suddenly the message went away and everything worked.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2023, 04:36 PM   #92
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

On a positive note about this update, for me, this is the first update in the past decade over 4 modern BMWs, where an update, whether dealer installed or OTA, has NOT changed even one setting in my car. The last update, applied by the dealer, reordered my presets list and put the satellite radio ones before the FM radio ones in my list.

Progress.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50
      03-12-2023, 05:09 PM   #93
07e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Yeah, it is annoying especially the car did something on its own; and can't believe you and me are the only unicorns at .44 so far (worse, i don't have other interior lightings and digital art mode)
Since the car is still fine, I am patiently waiting for the aribag recall remediation becomes available before coming to the dealer and asking them what is going on.

Quote:
I’m getting really annoyed this update hasn’t been presented to me yet. I’m even more annoyed that I can’t tell what version is currently installed. Not sure what has changed, but I used to be able to see that I had 11/2022.44 installed from within the vehicle.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50
      03-12-2023, 06:04 PM   #94
scarletfever
Rep
Drives: i4 (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
On a positive note about this update, for me, this is the first update in the past decade over 4 modern BMWs, where an update, whether dealer installed or OTA, has NOT changed even one setting in my car. The last update, applied by the dealer, reordered my presets list and put the satellite radio ones before the FM radio ones in my list.

Progress.
When you are on the presets, can you see what song is playing on every sirius channel? I have an i4 and this is a big gripe of mine; the sirius favorites are unusable, the presets are mostly ok but you can only see what is on the channel that is playing.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 06:10 PM   #95
endi
Rep
Drives: BMW ix50, BMW i3

Quote:

Resetting iDrive every week to get my eSIM working is getting really annoying and I’m hoping that something in .64 fixes that. It’s simply the vehicle is not handing out local IP addresses. When this happens, my CarPlay doesn’t work either; however, resetting iDrive fixes both simultaneously.
Do you have Bowers and wilkins?
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2023, 06:24 PM   #96
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by endi View Post
Yes I do.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 08:14 PM   #97
07e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

We both have M60, B&W is a standard option

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 12:24 AM   #98
pdsoliman
Rep
Drives: BMW IX in transit

FWIW - I updated from 44 to 64, USA, iX50.

I've noticed the following:
1) All gas stations have been removed from my navigation as a point of interest. Which has to be the best, simplest update of all time.
2) I now am able to use Apple Maps in the instrament cluster, with turn by turn in the HUD. I don't know if I just never noticed previously.
3) Others, depending on their state, now have a 'BMW Co-pilot' option under the driver assistance options.
4) STILL NO DIGITAL ART MODE. I'M NOT SURE THIS EXISTS. I THINK YOU ARE ALL LYING TO ME
Appreciate 3
ricerboi906.50
Paladin15641.50
deutsch1004088.50
      03-14-2023, 06:53 AM   #99
falconey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 f80cs, 21 f97

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsoliman View Post
FWIW - I updated from 44 to 64, USA, iX50.

I've noticed the following:
1) All gas stations have been removed from my navigation as a point of interest. Which has to be the best, simplest update of all time.
2) I now am able to use Apple Maps in the instrament cluster, with turn by turn in the HUD. I don't know if I just never noticed previously.
3) Others, depending on their state, now have a 'BMW Co-pilot' option under the driver assistance options.
4) STILL NO DIGITAL ART MODE. I'M NOT SURE THIS EXISTS. I THINK YOU ARE ALL LYING TO ME
I believe #2 has always been available, but I don't use iPhone so can't confirm. Google maps has always been available as an option in the cluster with turn by turn in HUD
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 07:10 AM   #100
MAMOHT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive50

I am still on .44 with no OTA available for me and I have the Apple maps turn by turn in the instrument cluster. But I have an appointment tomorrow for the low speed sound recall and I am totally expecting to jump to 2023.whatever.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 10:37 AM   #101
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsoliman View Post
What is this new "BMW Co-pilot" option? I am on .63 and do not see this.

Last edited by NomoTesla; 03-14-2023 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 01:36 PM   #102
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
No "BMW Co-Pilot" option anywhere in my apps or settings. 11/2022.64. There was, previously, in BMW's ICE cars a "Personal CoPilot Pack" in iD7 that included all the (now) assisted driving features of iD8, but AFAIK hasn't been around since 2019 under that name as an "autonomous driving" experiment.

https://www.autosofdallas.com/blog/h...Night%20Vision.

Last edited by Paladin1; 03-14-2023 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50
      03-14-2023, 06:11 PM   #103
endi
Rep
Drives: BMW ix50, BMW i3

Quote:
Yes I do.
Cars with b&w had a recall on something about the sub could stop working. This had to be fixed at the dealer because of a module upgrade that couldnt be done ota. According to my dealer this was blocking further ota's in my car until it had been fixed/upgraded by dealer.

On my car this was fixed by installing .64 at workshop.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2023, 06:23 PM   #104
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cars with b&w had a recall on something about the sub could stop working. This had to be fixed at the dealer because of a module upgrade that couldnt be done ota. According to my dealer this was blocking further ota's in my car until it had been fixed/upgraded by dealer.

Good info. Thank you for sharing that. I’ll just wait for the airbag recall to become available and I’ll take care of both. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50
      03-14-2023, 06:57 PM   #105
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:

As far as I recall this related to the RAM (receiver audio module) which could fail during OTA resulting in no audio output. The dealers had to flash different software to the RAM in order to remedy, and allow future OTA.
      03-14-2023, 10:59 PM   #106
CarnageAsada
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3, x3

Some anecdotes here:

I got the .64 update a few weeks back on my '23 iX 50. Digital Art eventually showed up about a week after the update.

on the eSim, i drive a lot through mountain passes and other places where the coverage is sometimes nonexistent. So i signed up for the service when i got my vehicle. It didn't work at all for the first 2 months and had issues very similar to how VirtualGuitars is explaining his was working. Sometimes it would work, most the time it claimed it was connected but never was giving my phone an ip address.

i was about to give up and cancel the service but took a road trip to Canada in January and as soon as i crossed the border and entered roaming, the whole system worked. and it worked flawlessly the 2 weeks i was up there. As soon as I got back, it went back to its broken state. I called T Mobile, talked to their Digits help line and after about 45 minutes of trouble shooting, they opened a ticket with a support engineer. 3 days later, i got a callback saying the system should be fixed and it was. It's been working now for almost 6 weeks without issue.

from my experience, the esim does exactly what its advertised to do. while it does lose signal from time to time in remote areas, its vastly better than what i was getting with my cell phone.
Appreciate 3
      03-14-2023, 11:38 PM   #107
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnageAsada View Post
Some anecdotes here:

I got the .64 update a few weeks back on my '23 iX 50. Digital Art eventually showed up about a week after the update.

on the eSim, i drive a lot through mountain passes and other places where the coverage is sometimes nonexistent. So i signed up for the service when i got my vehicle. It didn't work at all for the first 2 months and had issues very similar to how VirtualGuitars is explaining his was working. Sometimes it would work, most the time it claimed it was connected but never was giving my phone an ip address.

i was about to give up and cancel the service but took a road trip to Canada in January and as soon as i crossed the border and entered roaming, the whole system worked. and it worked flawlessly the 2 weeks i was up there. As soon as I got back, it went back to its broken state. I called T Mobile, talked to their Digits help line and after about 45 minutes of trouble shooting, they opened a ticket with a support engineer. 3 days later, i got a callback saying the system should be fixed and it was. It's been working now for almost 6 weeks without issue.

from my experience, the esim does exactly what its advertised to do. while it does lose signal from time to time in remote areas, its vastly better than what i was getting with my cell phone.
To take it a step further, when this eSIM issue happens to me, it also impact my wireless CarPlay (which also requires a local IP address). The vehicle is responsible for handing out local IP addresses, not the wireless carrier. I’ve gone for up to 2 1/2 weeks without an issue, then I’ve gone only a few days before having to reboot iDrive manually. If it was the carrier’s fault (AT&T/T-Mobile), then an iDrive reboot shouldn’t be a temporary solution.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50
      03-16-2023, 09:05 PM   #108
07e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Updated to the latest myBMW mobile app that is available for iOS today, I am now at least see the myBMW app reports that i have .44 and is the latest version with no update available (before the mobile app update, it reported that I have “the latest” version).

Car itself still does not show version .44 (which at some point it was showing until recently disappeared).

Quote:

Last edited by 07e92; 03-16-2023 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50
      03-16-2023, 09:25 PM   #109
rvv2002
Rep
Drives: IX50

Finally picked up my car, and thankfully already with .64. One of the things (of many) that surprised me was the not only google maps, but also Waze via Android was showing up on the HUD with turn by turn directions! Sorry if this isn't news, but so far I've only seen Google and/or Apple discussed in here.
Appreciate 2
darylp310995.00
ricerboi906.50
      03-19-2023, 03:58 PM   #110
mindmachine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW IX iDrive50, 23 Tesla X

Garage List

Got my over the air update today. Not noticing any changes. Still don't have new my modes/digital art....actually I don't really care but it would have been nice just to see what it looks like.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004088.50