BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-13-2023, 01:38 PM   #155
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Companies wouldn't have such power and influence if we didn't give it to them. That's why I tell the cold, hard truth about Tesla every chance I get. Tesla is not the company people think it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 05:32 AM   #156
bmwix1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ix

Tesla is a high flying tech company. Their main priority is Q2Q, Y2Y profit and delivery growth. Customer satisfaction and royalty don't matter since there are plenty first-time fish to fry worldwide.
ABB and Toyota/Honda are aging legacy OEM, no matter what they do, their stocks stink so they might just take care business and customer at the same time like they always do.
Historically, no company in any sector can hyper grow forever so when the wall street bet fever subsides on tesla, it would be just another old dinosaur and start doing the same thing legacy OEM is doing or die.
Maybe in 20 years, Tesla will build average cars more reliable than Toyota's ICE today or luxury cars better than ABB since they can learn and has a head start. As of today, they are not very good. So no point to waste money on their products.
Tesla's profit margin will countine declining as they aggressively pursue market share. Cars are the 2nd most personal device next to computers (phone, laptop, desktop, game station). Autonomous cars are just a big computer on wheel, it will become a content consumption devices if driving is out of equation. So more tesla EV on the road, more reach and cross sell other contents and data mining. Eventutally, tesla will have its own digital content store and streaming services via starlink. It will offer exclusive contents just like Netflix. Of course, every legacy OEM will follow and sink the margin again.
Appreciate 1
LeeInCT85.00
      09-14-2023, 09:41 AM   #157
bceye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwix1 View Post
Tesla is a high flying tech company. Their main priority is Q2Q, Y2Y profit and delivery growth. Customer satisfaction and royalty don't matter since there are plenty first-time fish to fry worldwide.
ABB and Toyota/Honda are aging legacy OEM, no matter what they do, their stocks stink so they might just take care business and customer at the same time like they always do.
Historically, no company in any sector can hyper grow forever so when the wall street bet fever subsides on tesla, it would be just another old dinosaur and start doing the same thing legacy OEM is doing or die.
Maybe in 20 years, Tesla will build average cars more reliable than Toyota's ICE today or luxury cars better than ABB since they can learn and has a head start. As of today, they are not very good. So no point to waste money on their products.
Tesla's profit margin will countine declining as they aggressively pursue market share. Cars are the 2nd most personal device next to computers (phone, laptop, desktop, game station). Autonomous cars are just a big computer on wheel, it will become a content consumption devices if driving is out of equation. So more tesla EV on the road, more reach and cross sell other contents and data mining. Eventutally, tesla will have its own digital content store and streaming services via starlink. It will offer exclusive contents just like Netflix. Of course, every legacy OEM will follow and sink the margin again.
Saying it here first, they will call their digital content store 'Musketeer'
Appreciate 3
darylp310996.50
bmwix1182.00
      09-14-2023, 03:48 PM   #158
bmwix1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ix

And call their steaming service Elongated
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2023, 04:46 PM   #159
Blastphemy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: something electric

If not for Elon, Tesla could be the next Amazon.com or Google. But too many people like me who bought Tesla for years won't buy them anymore because of Elon. I don't think Tesla has the capacity or the necessary leadership to become a mega-company like Amazon/Google. But it does have the potential.
Appreciate 2
      09-19-2023, 12:30 PM   #160
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastphemy View Post
If not for Elon, Tesla could be the next Amazon.com or Google. But too many people like me who bought Tesla for years won't buy them anymore because of Elon. I don't think Tesla has the capacity or the necessary leadership to become a mega-company like Amazon/Google. But it does have the potential.
Elmo is the biggest threat to Tesla's success. Indeed, if Tesla had a Tim Cook or a Gwynne Shotwell at the helm it would have been 2x-3x the company it is today. Tesla is successful despite Musk. He reigns shit down on everything he touches. Look at the incredible transformation of Twitter under Musk. This is a prime example of his skills when not clouded by his luck with Tesla.

I wish the US government should run a sting operation on Musk as they did with Delorean. I want nothing more than to see Elon Musk behind bars.
Appreciate 0