Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

12-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
SaLAYF
Rep
Drives: i8

Lease Take Over Opportunity

Thinking Of getting out of my White 2015 BMW i8 Lease. Got the car June 25, 2016 With 14,783 Miles. Its a 2 year lease with 10,000 miles per year with a monthly payment of $1099. Car currently has 17,128 Miles. Car was leased from Park Ave BMW in New Jersey. I have both sets of OEM rims that come stock on i8s. I will update the thread with images and more specs of the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
So the end miles allowance is 34K on the odometer -if I'm not mistaken, correct?

Not bad.
      12-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #3
SaLAYF
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
So the end miles allowance is 34K on the odometer -if I'm not mistaken, correct?

Not bad.
Yes 34,783
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
SaLAYF
Rep

added to swapalease http://www.swapalease.com/lease/deta...?salid=1083661
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
You put 7,700 down (msd) on a car with 14k miles &now looking to recoupe it?????

Absolutely nuts. I retract my previous statement.
      12-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #6
SaLAYF
Rep

Quote:
You put 7,700 down on a car with 14k miles?????

its a security deposit i left...Whoever assumes the lease gets that back when they return the car. Its not a down payment.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #7
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLAYF View Post
Quote:
You put 7,700 down on a car with 14k miles?????

its a security deposit i left...Whoever assumes the lease gets that back when they return the car. Its not a down payment.
There were deals on 15s with zero down for the same monthly 24mos with only 300 miles or less...

I was eyeing your post due to looking to add a second i8. If you decide to come off of it- please update the post.

Goodluck with the take over.
      12-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
SaLAYF
Rep

Quote:
There were deals on 15s with zero down for the same monthly 24mos with only 300 miles or less...

I was eyeing your post due to looking to add a second i8. If you decide to come off of it- please update the post.

your confusing down payment with security deposit. If it was a down payment i was looking for, you wouldnt get that back when the car was returned.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #9
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLAYF View Post
Quote:

your confusing down payment with security deposit. If it was a down payment i was looking for, you wouldnt get that back when the car was returned.
No I am not.

I'm very well versed with with leases - and I know the difference between MSDs- and a cap cost reduction. (Aka a down payment)

Msd are not wise unless you intend to keep the vehicle until the lease ends, because as you said- it is refunded at the end of the lease. But if you try to get out of your lease as you are, why would anyone want to pay you 7,700 now (while aware that they would get that money back in 18 months)- knowing they can get a brand new one for zero down and the same monthly payment. Only benefit would be the time (18 mos) otherwise, you're already fighting an uphill battle from the start.

When I say come off of it- it's pretty much a "how much are you willing to eat to get rid of the lease". If there's no rush, then you're good- and best of luck,

But when I took over my first m6, the gentleman had put a MSD upfront, but due to him wanting to move it quickly, only asked for 2500 back.

Regardless, best of luck to you.
      12-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #10
SaLAYF
Rep

Quote:
No I am not.

I'm very well versed with with leases - and I know the difference between MSDs- and a cap cost reduction. (Aka a down payment)

Msd are not wise unless you intend to keep the vehicle until the lease ends, because as you said- it is refunded at the end of the lease. But if you try to get out of your lease as you are, why would anyone want to pay you 7,700 now (while aware that they would get that money back in 18 months)- knowing they can get a brand new one for zero down and the same monthly payment. Only benefit would be the time (18 mos) otherwise, you're already fighting an uphill battle from the start.

When I say come off of it- it's pretty much a "how much are you willing to eat to get rid of the lease". If there's no rush, then you're good- and best of luck,

But when I took over my first m6, the gentleman had put a MSD upfront, but due to him wanting to move it quickly, only asked for 2500 back.

Regardless, best of luck to you.

thanks
Appreciate 0