BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

11-14-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
ralfmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3

Deka world standard features list

I need some advice, I purchased a 2017 i3 Deka World and quickly came to release that many features that my car is supposed to have based on the Window sticker are not part of the car. It lists the LED Accent Lights which are on the outside door handles and the features listed as courtesy lights include fade in/fade out, actuation from remote, actuation switch-on when vehicle is turned off, separately controlled left/right front and rear reading lights, front footwell lighting and illuminated vanity mirrors. None of these features are on my car but they are listed on the window sticker. I took the car into the dealership service to get this solved and they returned the car to me after one day stating that my car should not have these features and to take it up with BMW directly which I have but they have not given me an answer. It has been over four weeks now. Any recommendations on how to escalate this? Are there other i3 Deka World owners out there with the same issue? Please take a look at your sticker and the standard features list on the bmwusa.com website as it is listed on both places.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfmw View Post
I need some advice, I purchased a 2017 i3 Deka World and quickly came to release that many features that my car is supposed to have based on the Window sticker are not part of the car. It lists the LED Accent Lights which are on the outside door handles and the features listed as courtesy lights include fade in/fade out, actuation from remote, actuation switch-on when vehicle is turned off, separately controlled left/right front and rear reading lights, front footwell lighting and illuminated vanity mirrors. None of these features are on my car but they are listed on the window sticker. I took the car into the dealership service to get this solved and they returned the car to me after one day stating that my car should not have these features and to take it up with BMW directly which I have but they have not given me an answer. It has been over four weeks now. Any recommendations on how to escalate this? Are there other i3 Deka World owners out there with the same issue? Please take a look at your sticker and the standard features list on the bmwusa.com website as it is listed on both places.
If the window sticker is paired to your vin and not a dealer sticker, the sticker that came from BMW then yes you should have those features, maybe their not coded on correctly, if their missing outright and it said they should be their depending what country your in legally their obligated to make sure you bought what they promised you.

Keep calling or try another dealer. If it's the dealer you bought it from telling you to take it up with BMW and keep them out of it then never buy from them again. They should be your champion and work with you on the problem. Never heard of them just washing their hands and expecting you deal with it.

It comes down to false advertisement of the car and is illegal. You can't claim options when the car doesn't have them.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
ralfmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
If the window sticker is paired to your vin and not a dealer sticker, the sticker that came from BMW then yes you should have those features, maybe their not coded on correctly, if their missing outright and it said they should be their depending what country your in legally their obligated to make sure you bought what they promised you.

Keep calling or try another dealer. If it's the dealer you bought it from telling you to take it up with BMW and keep them out of it then never buy from them again. They should be your champion and work with you on the problem. Never heard of them just washing their hands and expecting you deal with it.

It comes down to false advertisement of the car and is illegal. You can't claim options when the car doesn't have them.

Thanks for your help. I talked with BMW i-Concierge again and they asked me to call the BMW dealer Sales Manager to get this solved. Amazing that I am the one chasing them and they are unable to give me a call.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post

Thanks for your help. I talked with BMW i-Concierge again and they asked me to call the BMW dealer Sales Manager to get this solved. Amazing that I am the one chasing them and they are unable to give me a call.
Unfortunately a few people
Fall through the cracks, it's really the dealer who sold you the car that needs to take care of you, if BMW screwed up something they will get it right. It's people at the end of the day and many do not use best practices. Don't give up and give them hell
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
iPandaExpress
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW i3 94 aH

Curious to see what all happend with you and BMW regarding the omission of the LED features on your Deka. I am in the same predicament not realizing they weren't on my Deka when i took delivery of my 24 month lease last week. Would be great if BMW USA approved adding this back on as a dealer option.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 06:41 AM   #6
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Deka is the base model and as I understand these courtesy lights are not included. You need to get one of the higher trims to get the lighting.

Does your actual windows sticker say they are included? I think part of the problem is the Deka trim is new to the US for 2017 and BMW dropped the lighting to keep the cost down. They may have messed up and not changed the wording on the Monroney label (window sticker) on the early cars which you got.

I really doubt that they could add these onto a car that wasn't meant to have them without a huge cost/hassle. Maybe they will offer you a monetary credit in indeed your window sticker says it should have it. Can you post a picture of your window sticker?
      04-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #7
remlemasi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335d | i3 REx

Garage List
2015 i3 REx  [0.00]
2011 BMW E90 335d  [8.00]
BMW recently modified Ultimate Maintenance to provide significantly less value.

BMW failed to update some Monroney stickers and as a result, they are honoring the original, higher-value plan for buyers of cars with those incorrect stickers.

Not sure what they will do in your case, but I bet you have either some compensation or retrofits in your future.

Bring it up with BMWNA