BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

11-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
Mikegg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8, RR SVR, Maserati Ghibli

How do these Lease Brokers work?

I know this is an i8 forum, but I figured I would post in here to get the most clarification.

How does a company like this work? http://viplease.com/

How do you lease the car? Are they your lender? Is the deal still being done through a dealership, just they act as a middleman?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
Protonic Red Beast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Protonic Red i8

I use a broker to get all of my cars. So basically yes they act as a middle man. They are not your linder the deal still gets done/financed through the dealership. A broker usually charges a fee (lets say $500) for him to go to work and to use his contacts at the dealership (like in the wholesale department) and through his network can usually get you a much better deal than let's say you just walking into the dealership on your own and spending hours negotiating it yourself. Thats why i always work through my broker to save me all that hassle. I never even go to the dealership myself, deal gets done through my guy and my car gets delivered to my house. Credit app, down payment and all that is done with the broker, from there all you have to do is sign the contract for the lease/purchase.

Last edited by Protonic Red Beast; 11-22-2016 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 02:33 AM   #3
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I hope you're not using them for their advertised deal- 1299 for 42 months with SEVEN MSD????

Shitty deal

BUT to answer your question- they're the middle man. Used one before- then I got decent at negotiating my own deals and simply spend a solid weekend mass mailing/phone calling the deal I'm looking for myself.
      11-24-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Just spend a little time on this forum. Read the posts about leases and learn how leases work with BMW yourself. There's lots of great information available. Then you don't need to pay a middle man anything, you can negotiate the deal yourself. Leases are easy to understand. You just need to understand how the numbers work. It's actually fun for me, in the past I used to do it myself going to the dealer and most salesmen don't understand the numbers. Which used to piss them off but, it allowed me to have the upper hand while negotiating, cause I can tell when they were trying to bullshit me. Then I used to end up working with the finance manager because he is the one that knows the important numbers.

Now I have a guy that I work with that I trust and since I understand the numbers I can tell when it's a great deal.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #5
Mikegg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8, RR SVR, Maserati Ghibli

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf
Just spend a little time on this forum. Read the posts about leases and learn how leases work with BMW yourself. There's lots of great information available. Then you don't need to pay a middle man anything, you can negotiate the deal yourself. Leases are easy to understand. You just need to understand how the numbers work. It's actually fun for me, in the past I used to do it myself going to the dealer and most salesmen don't understand the numbers. Which used to piss them off but, it allowed me to have the upper hand while negotiating, cause I can tell when they were trying to bullshit me. Then I used to end up working with the finance manager because he is the one that knows the important numbers.

Now I have a guy that I work with that I trust and since I understand the numbers I can tell when it's a great deal.
Oh no, I would never use a middle man. I believe I know the numbers pretty well myself as well. I understand and run the leases myself as well.

I was just curious more or less how they work. NEVER would I use one.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 11:01 PM   #6
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf

Oh no, I would never use a middle man. I believe I know the numbers pretty well myself as well. I understand and run the leases myself as well.

I was just curious more or less how they work. NEVER would I use one.
Sorry Mike I didn't actually look at who started the thread before I responded. I thought you were someone new asking about leases. Cheers!

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0