BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

02-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Never mind answered my own question, car paired to wife's key their fore loading her settings so the map was set to classic ;p
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

On a related thing...at this year's CES show in Vegas, BMW released an announcement that they will begin doing map (content) updates over the air for free so people would always have the latest. But, when I asked them to which models this might apply, the answer was...they hadn't decided. So, it may be for some future releases, only those produced after a certain timeframe, or with certain minimum hardware capabilities (like maybe it will need a 4G connection, and I don't think any of those currently released do).

So, something to bug them about. IT is one source of aggravation that the portable gps devices can provide a lifetime map update with a $100 device, and BMW wants a lot more than that retail to do it just once after you effectively paid many times more for the hardware.
Appreciate 0