Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Reflection of your personality... personalisation with the BMW i3
Attached Images

07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #90
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

A spatial expression... all round visibility with the BMW i3.
Attached Images

07-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #91
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Sustainable through and through... Recycled materials in the BMW i3.
Not sure how I feel about recycled materials in a 40k car. But thanks for asnwering my questions...

Is that cheap carpet material behind the driver side display? If not, what is it? And what's that huge knob behind the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #92
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Not sure how I feel about recycled materials in a 40k car. But thanks for asnwering my questions...

Is that cheap carpet material behind the driver side display? If not, what is it? And what's that huge knob behind the steering wheel?
The huge knob on the steering column is the gear selector. Push forward for drive, back for reverse and press a button for park.
      07-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #93
latum
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: e87 130i

I like everything but the rear...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #94
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post

It is actually really cool the thought they put into it all and how sustainable the materials are- recycled plastics with natural hemp is just one of them. Mind you I have not seen a finished production model but I can honestly say that those in the market for such a vehicle will not be disappointed with the material choice in terms of quality, sustainability and looks- they all may not be equal but the sum is ECO and chic to borrow from a now defunct other brand.

The use of space is impressive- considering I am a gear head and love thing M, this is looking like it will be the next car to offset my previous fuel consumption - maybe a little bit of ECO friendly will help? That and it should perform like an E30 M3 and there is nothing wrong with that!

Wish the debut was in Munich...
      07-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #95
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Wondering why BMW has ditched the concept's wheels and rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #96
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Really like it and pleased i put down my deposit. My only worry is that the Rex version will be delayed in UK as strange no price was released. If its a delay I may cancel order.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #97
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz26 View Post
Really like it and pleased i put down my deposit. My only worry is that the Rex version will be delayed in UK as strange no price was released. If its a delay I may cancel order.
ReX will not launch until about a quarter year later from reports.
      07-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #98
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

I would like to think that the i3 be regarded as a car with no direct competitor.
The similarities end with EV and that's it.

If you prefer anonymity then do not get the i3 because you won't be able to remain anonymous. That for all intents and purposes is the idea because if we compare the i3 to other similar EVs you get something designed to be completely different from the ground up and for where the i3 is priced you will not be able get anything that is developed like the i3 , innovative like the i3 and appealing like the i3.

The i3s post futuristic appearance conforms to why other manufacturers in a volume sense have stuck to electrified variants of current cars. If you have to start a new revolution then you have to stand out and you have to stand above everything else , you have to steer in your own direction.

To me that is the i3 a car that utilises its lightness and minimalism anyway possible , the interior is a prime example. The appeal of simplicity in everyday gadgets is very much favoured and the i3 embodies simplicity.
The interior does conform to sustainability with re-cycled elements used for detailing where this is mixed with leather , cloth and of course CFRP it is effectively nothing you have seen from a BMW perhaps ever.

With the i3 for many customers we hope to bring to the brand for the first time , but the car has certainly appealed to existing customers where it is hoped the i3 can be sold as the primary or secondary BMW. Many i3 orders have shown that the car will be the secondary car for those that live in larger cities fulfilling its intention as a MegaCity vehicle.

In Munich just now to quote a phrase the atmosphere is electric.
The recent prototype press drives have came out in favour of the i3 and the car is getting significant press as is BMW.

To quote one reporter " on July 29 BMW will leave its competition far behind not only in the field of sustainability but also in innovation "

After the i3 launch we begin the countdown to Progressive Sports car - the BMW i8, where again the media will get behind the wheel of a prototype for their first impression of a radical new direction of a sports car.

The BMW i8 is now fast approaching.