Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight View Post
The right fuel, proper run-in, proper warm-up, no extra weight in the car, tire temp and pressures, proper track (temp, surface, not the slightest incline), wind, proper testing eqipment, proper setting of controls, a driver who does this all the time, etc. There are many ways to find a a few extra 1/100s or even 1/10s. The testers don't just jump into a car a floor it.
But the website says 4.2! /s
I believe that 4.2 is probably doable.. I was able to do 4.0 0-60 but my car is tuned
Sweet which tune did you go with?
I believe the only one available at the moment it's all the same since the b38 engine can only be push so much. But to answer your question in regards to the place Velos Designwerks
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #24
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight View Post
The right fuel, proper run-in, proper warm-up, no extra weight in the car, tire temp and pressures, proper track (temp, surface, not the slightest incline), wind, proper testing eqipment, proper setting of controls, a driver who does this all the time, etc. There are many ways to find a a few extra 1/100s or even 1/10s. The testers don't just jump into a car a floor it.
But the website says 4.2! /s
I believe that 4.2 is probably doable.. I was able to do 4.0 0-60 but my car is tuned
Sweet which tune did you go with?
I believe the only one available at the moment it's all the same since the b38 engine can only be push so much. But to answer your question in regards to the place Velos Designwerks
Cool thanks. No there are other tunes out there. At least three that I'm aware of. But Velos may be the only flash tune in the US.

How do you like it?
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #25
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
There is a S65 website with data from all the dynos posted on M3post and other places courtesy of Pencilgeek. ...

Whether they are broken in an engine room or not and simply built to tighter tolerances I will continue to believe unequivocally that modern day engines can be pounded on from the moment they leave the manufacturer.
Ah, so it's like the NFL or major league baseball: first, we decide who even gets to play us, and then we call ourselves "world champions". Got it.

Why do you think BMW puts something like this in their driver's handbook (see picture)? To deliberately and needlessly make the drivers of their cars look slower than they could be?

In pilot school, you learn that there is something called confirmation bias. Interesting concept ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 09:11 PM   #26
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
There is a S65 website with data from all the dynos posted on M3post and other places courtesy of Pencilgeek. ...

Whether they are broken in an engine room or not and simply built to tighter tolerances I will continue to believe unequivocally that modern day engines can be pounded on from the moment they leave the manufacturer.
Ah, so it's like the NFL or major league baseball: first, we decide who even gets to play us, and then we call ourselves "world champions". Got it.

Why do you think BMW puts something like this in their driver's handbook (see picture)? To deliberately and needlessly make the drivers of their cars look slower than they could be?

In pilot school, you learn that there is something called confirmation bias. Interesting concept ...
Fully aware of the "confirmation bias" and other concepts applicable to aviation and other disciplines ... and also why the auto industry wants you to initially break in the motor a certain way and go in for an early oil change. You aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

By the way if you are a pilot that's great fun. My father began the "air drop" program in Red Bluff, CA. The dedication display for those pilots - many subsequently killed fighting fires - is still there.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0