07-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
bailyhill
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X3 30e

Return Trip from Sky Country to Cape Cod

Hello

I wanted to share my experience for the second half of my road trip in the i3 REX. Started at 7:30 in the Morn from near the White Mountains of New Hampshire with a full charge from the OU charger. Drove for about 65 miles to the Whole Foods in Bedford, NH. Took on a DC Fast charge for about 25 minutes and had a coffee and blue berry muffin. It all went smooth, with the new machine taking my credit card.

I had a problem getting the connector to release. On the Combo Plugs, it looks like it has a typical release button. Pushing it does not release the plug. I had to call and get instructions. Turns out that you don't just push down on the button, but you must also push towards the car to get it to release. Its not an ergonomic move, but it is what it is. Probably designed by someone who never charged a car before with a J1772, which I have used dozens of times.

Stopped at the Braintree Mall and got another 25 minutes of charge while having a lunch snack. Then off to Cape Cod. Even with the holiday traffic, made it by about 2pm. Much better experience than going up.

Clear Skies
Bailyhill