BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

07-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
mikeyr0x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 x5, 22 m550

Seats? Leather?

How are the cloth seats? Looking at a giga world model now with leather and cloth combo. There doesn't seem to be many tera world cars with full leather available. Wife thinks she must have leather. I am trying to convince her most i3s have the cloth leather combo. Looking for some feedback here guys . Thanks!
pics
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
reductase
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 335i  [0.00]
The giga leather and fabric combination is looking fine in my i3 after 18 months daily wear and tear. On hot days it's actually really comfortable and doesn't burn skin if it's been in direct heat (the huge front window lets in a lot of direct sunlight), even when the metal seat belt clips are too hot to touch.

The fabric feels durable but nice against skin, doesn't feel cheap. I think it's some kind of merino blend, supposedly eco/green/natural and totally recyclable. It's definitely a much better option than the typical non leather options in other brands.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by reductase View Post
The giga leather and fabric combination is looking fine in my i3 after 18 months daily wear and tear. On hot days it's actually really comfortable and doesn't burn skin if it's been in direct heat (the huge front window lets in a lot of direct sunlight), even when the metal seat belt clips are too hot to touch.

The fabric feels durable but nice against skin, doesn't feel cheap. I think it's some kind of merino blend, supposedly eco/green/natural and totally recyclable. It's definitely a much better option than the typical non leather options in other brands.
My dealer said it contains wool, not sure how accurate that is.
Appreciate 0