Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

09-15-2022, 04:08 AM   #1
Olliehh
Rep
Drives: BMW f34

Need info from owners of both i3 and i3s

Hi, is there way one here that own both and i3 and i3s or has access to both?

I’m currently looking into the possibility of installing an i3s front bumper on my i3. It’s seems looking at realoem that both bumpers share a lot of parts!

My question is can anyone confirm to me that the width of the main section of the bumper (number 1 on real oem) is this the same in both cars. If so I think I can order just the front inserts an accompanying parts instead of the entire front bumper.

It seems both parts might be identical with the exception of the i3 having cut outs for front parking sensors which is why part number differ

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 07:04 AM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliehh View Post
Hi, is there way one here that own both and i3 and i3s or has access to both?

I'm currently looking into the possibility of installing an i3s front bumper on my i3. It's seems looking at realoem that both bumpers share a lot of parts!

My question is can anyone confirm to me that the width of the main section of the bumper (number 1 on real oem) is this the same in both cars. If so I think I can order just the front inserts an accompanying parts instead of the entire front bumper.

It seems both parts might be identical with the exception of the i3 having cut outs for front parking sensors which is why part number differ

Thanks!
Lol yep already went down that path .

And I should have read more closely, Year of i3 is important!

Lol. Yes if you have the new 2018 refresh the i3S facia black insert will fit on the standard i3 facia without issue

However if you choose to use the i3S bumper you will need to make accommodations for wheel arches, But using just the front insert will just pop on without issue.

This was my 2014 that I upgraded
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 07:53 AM   #3
Olliehh
Rep
Drives: BMW f34

Looks great! Thanks for the response. From what I can see no crews etc required either. It’s just a case of popping off the front trim and replacing with the new ones.

I have one question though, how did you get on with the sensors on the front trim? Is it easy to remove them from old bumper and transfer to new?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 09:12 PM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliehh View Post
Looks great! Thanks for the response. From what I can see no crews etc required either. It’s just a case of popping off the front trim and replacing with the new ones.

I have one question though, how did you get on with the sensors on the front trim? Is it easy to remove them from old bumper and transfer to new?

Thanks.
Yes the sensors just pop off and will pop
In the new one easily.

As far as the self parking sensor, that I had to move to a custom
Location for the S bumper as the normal i3S never came with that feature so I located in a location that was close to the original and happy to report it still works great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M4_ZMT595.50