ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

BMW to become official sponsor of Formula E

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Found an interesting article I haven't seen mentioned here, or on other BMW sites.

Apparently, BMW has been working in a sponsorship deal with the new Formula E all electric world racing series.

They will be providing i3s and i8s for all of the races, as medical/support/VIP vehicles, and the i8 seems likely to become the Formula E pace car! Very, very cool!

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...-supplier.aspx

Quote:
German automobile manufacturer BMW has today announced that it is finalising a partnership as the official vehicle supplier to Formula E.

The agreement would see BMW supply a fleet of its highly advanced fully-electric and hybrid vehicles to be used as course, medical and VIP cars at all race events. Two of the manufacturer’s vehicles – the all-electric BMW i3 and the hybrid BMW i8 - which will be used at the events were also unveiled to guests at the Roundhouse in London.

Jörg Reimann, Vice President BMW Brand Experience, said: “We have watched with great interest the continued growth of the new FIA Formula E Championship and the potential it has to significantly increase the interest in sustainable mobility. As a global manufacturer at the forefront of innovation and technology, BMW regards Formula E as a great platform in which to showcase our range of fully-electric and hybrid vehicles and to align our common goals. We are working on an agreement to finalise this partnership.”

Formula CEO Alejandro Agag, said: "We are very proud and excited that a manufacturer such as BMW wants to be involved with the Formula E series. I think that the all-electric i3 and i8 will make fantastic official vehicles and I can't wait to see them on track at the first round in Beijing on September 13."

By the way, Formula E will be coming to Miami, Long Beach, and London in 2015...
Check out the sounds of Formula E from testing... Wow!

Last edited by ddk632; 08-05-2014 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Added more FIA Formula E info
Appreciate 0