BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

05-12-2024, 01:49 AM   #1
evan0322
Registered
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Default driving assistant for iX?

Hi. I am planning to get an iX and wondering if iX comes with standard driving assistant feature such as adapitive cruise control. If so I will save some money from driving assistant pro package. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 03:30 AM   #2
LVBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan0322 View Post
Hi. I am planning to get an iX and wondering if iX comes with standard driving assistant feature such as adapitive cruise control. If so I will save some money from driving assistant pro package. Thanks!
You really should consider getting the DAPP. The assist and safety features included are excellent and work well. You don’t get adaptive cruise control without it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 06:44 AM   #3
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan0322 View Post
As LVBMW has mentioned above adaptive cruise control is NOT standard!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 07:22 AM   #4
MAMOHT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive50

Adaptive cruise control can be purchased later as a subscription from the connected store even for a base model. No extra option is required for that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 12:28 PM   #5
cunny
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

Is adaptive cruise control, steering your car and keeping you a distance from the car in front?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 12:38 PM   #6
exxxviii
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunny View Post
Is adaptive cruise control, steering your car and keeping you a distance from the car in front?
There three independent features that often get confused.

Lane Keep Assist = alerting you or nudging you back into a lane if you start to drift out. This is not the thing that lets you do the hands free driving.

Lane Centering = this actively auto-steers your car in the center of the lane. The car can do this hands-off if conditions allow as well as hands-on in most conditions.

Traffic Aware Cruise Control = adaptive cruise; this maintains your speed or slows you down if the car in front of you slows down.

The typical market definition "Advanced Driver Assistance System" (ADAS) is the combination of #2 and #3 above. These have been branded as BlueCruise, Autopilot, Super Cruise, Highway Assist, Highway Driving Assistant, etc. by various automakers.
darylp3101211.50
      05-13-2024, 12:51 PM   #7
cunny
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

Looks like I have adaptive cruise control, but it was standard on my car as I didn’t pay for it.

Dont know if it’s the same in the US as the UK, but BMW give us three trim packages - 1. Sport 2. M Sport 3. M

They usually package the trim not the electronics to give it a more sporty look and save some money when compared to individually specifying the items.

I have a M Sport and it appears standard on that trim level.
Appreciate 1
LVBMW2364.00
      05-13-2024, 01:03 PM   #8
exxxviii
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunny View Post
Looks like I have adaptive cruise control, but it was standard on my car as I didn’t pay for it.

Dont know if it’s the same in the US as the UK, but BMW give us three trim packages - 1. Sport 2. M Sport 3. M

They usually package the trim not the electronics to give it a more sporty look and save some money when compared to individually specifying the items.

I have a M Sport and it appears standard on that trim level.
The features available and how they are packaged is different in almost every country. They are set by that country's BMW national organization. Also, the terms I used above are the general names in the US, they are probably different from the names in the UK.

I do not think that BMW's lane centering is available in a lot of European countries. Not sure. So, I could see them making adaptive cruise standard and not package it with anything else.

BMW North America does not give us trim levels. We have to order most of the features independently, which really sucks. They have a Convenience Package and Premium Package that bundle several of the popular features. But everything else is a-la-carte.
LVBMW2364.00
      05-14-2024, 08:27 AM   #9
JSTARR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW IX, BMW X3, Toyota Tacoma

Suggest you spring for the full DAPP package.
It was intellectually a hard choice for me, but after a few long days on interstates in my iX it is something I will never go without.
Appreciate 2
      05-17-2024, 10:02 PM   #10
unmesh59
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model S, 2024BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTARR View Post
Suggest you spring for the full DAPP package.
It was intellectually a hard choice for me, but after a few long days on interstates in my iX it is something I will never go without.
We have it on our iX because of this forum but I haven't noticed it engage as far as I can tell.

Where could I learn more about it?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 10:09 PM   #11
LVBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by unmesh59 View Post
We have it on our iX because of this forum but I haven't noticed it engage as far as I can tell.

Your owners manual or the downloadable BMW driver's guide app. Detailed information in both. Search assisted driving mode in the app.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 12:04 AM   #12
darylp310
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW iX 50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by unmesh59 View Post

This BMW dealer does some excellent videos. Check him out:
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2024, 12:42 AM   #13
unmesh59
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model S, 2024BMW iX

Thanks, @LVBMW and @darylp310

It feels like I need to take a class to really learn the ins and outs of iDrive 8.5!

Last edited by unmesh59; 05-19-2024 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
LuisBoston1324.50