09-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

i3 at local dealership

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I received an email yesterday saying that the i3 will be at my local dealership today so for those of you that are interested in seeing it at your local dealership, you may want to make sure that you're on the mailing list. I'm guessing that the pre-production vehicle is touring the country to generate buzz.

If I can fit it into my schedule, I'm going to check it out.
      09-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Yeah, I got an email from my old dealer in Orange County that Crevier will have one on display, it must be making the rounds out your way.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

I just finished checking out the car and it's definitely a quirky looking car. It looks quirky in the pictures; it looks quirky in person. It's a cool quirky though. Of course ymmv but that's my opinion.

The car is about the size of a countryman and the interior space seems to be about the size of an e90, maybe more so the coupe than sedan.

There is a front trunk that's about large enough to hold a large backpack. The rear trunk using the cover is about large enough to hold two carry on suitcases.

The interior look and layout is quite nice and unique. I think the model they had to show was the base model and if so, I was not impressed with the forward most material used on the dash and some on the door. I know it's a pre-production car but if the material stays the same, then yuck. The best way I can describe this material is it looks like the material used to finish trunks that you don't see. It's a grayish material and you can def see the fibers in it. The other interior piece that I didn't like was the plastic trim in the rear clam doors. They're black and basically used to trim the door from the window to the door and it's really cheap black plastic.

The moonroof is interesting because even though it's one large piece, what you see from the inside is actually broken up into the driver section and the passenger section. I'm guessing they did this because the middle piece is being used to help brace the body since it doesn't have a b pillar.

The other interesting thing are the wheels and tires. The wheels are 20" and the tires are fairly low profile for this kind if car. The width on the tires are only 155 which if you thought were skinny, they are.

These are some things that stood out. If anybody has any questions, let me know.