BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

01-16-2024, 10:28 PM   #1
nine11tec
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 I8

More I8 heater issues!

Hi gang, I've got an issue with my I8 I'm hoping someone has seen before or there is a tech out there that can chime in. The air conditioner works great. But now that it's cold here in Texas, my girl has finally decided to use the heat on the passenger side. NO HEAT!!! She's not a happy camper.

This is what I've diagnosed so far.
The drivers zone works fine, blows hot to cold as per the direction of the knob.
The vents move properly between footwell, dash, and defrost.

The passenger side vents move the air as directed from footwell, to dash, to defrost.
But the temp control does not make the air warm. On cold it is ice cold. On hot it is maybe just above cold.
I replaced the blend door motor, and registered and calibrated the motor with my Foxwell scan tool. It says completed, and there are no faults. but... it just will not get hot on that side of the car. What gives??

Anyone have an idea of what to try? I'm getting frustrated.

thanks
Jordan

2014 I8, 98,000 miles!
no mods.
no problems up til now.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 08:02 PM   #2
BMWEM3PWR
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Bigger problems!

Sure hope the "girl" isn't your wife. You may have to trade that one in or have her drive her own car. But, seriously, the dealer is the only one that can help with this problem. The car. Seems like the girl is just a temporary problem and more easily remedied.
Appreciate 0