Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

02-10-2024, 08:55 AM   #45
DBinOH
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5; 2016 M235i Conv. 6MT

Garage List
Here are some pics of the new valve. Date of manufacture Jan. 17, 2024. The service manager let me know that BMW canceled his original order for this part early in January and then reordered this new one automatically.

It would appear that they are working hard to get a ton of these out as soon as humanly possible.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
drexplode1784.50
      02-11-2024, 08:29 AM   #46
Windshieldfarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBinOH View Post
Here are some pics of the new valve. Date of manufacture Jan. 17, 2024. The service manager let me know that BMW canceled his original order for this part early in January and then reordered this new one automatically.

It would appear that they are working hard to get a ton of these out as soon as humanly possible.
Thank you for the post. My IX went into the shop 1/17 and my SA said last week they don’t expect the part until 4/2. That seems vastly different than your experience…. Same valve?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:59 PM   #47
guy_in_boston
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive35

Here in Boston, over the past few days, my i4 eDrive35 began exhibiting what appear to be now the classic symptoms of the coolant changeover valve failure. Climate control suddenly stopped working (both heat and A/C), followed about a day later by an error message about the drive train. I'm taking it into the shop later this week.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 07:23 AM   #48
mcsegzmi
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

We got our i4 M50 yesterday. It was slightly delayed due to the issue. We did demand for the part change since the dealer refused from changing the part in the beginnig. Then the part was observed in the delivery process and they noticed it being leaking. The part was changed. And then I did demand for a document where the whole thing was written. I got it yesterday prior paying for the car. Since this not a warranty issue - it is a manufacture fault issue instead. And at least here in Finland the faulty product is secured by the Consumer Law chapter. It wins over any warranty given by the manufacturer or the local importer which is actually kinda voluntary to offer in general. Now I got the document which shows the defect was from the factory and the dealer fixed it or did try to fix it - the future only knows. (sorry for my bad English). Greetings from Finland, the M50 feels great though. We are planning to have it for a long time and thus did not lease it since leasing has that hidden interest in there still (here around 7-8% or something).
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 12:21 PM   #49
guy_in_boston
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_in_boston View Post
Here in Boston, over the past few days, my i4 eDrive35 began exhibiting what appear to be now the classic symptoms of the coolant changeover valve failure. Climate control suddenly stopped working (both heat and A/C), followed about a day later by an error message about the drive train. I'm taking it into the shop later this week.
The BMW dealership here in Boston confirmed that my vehicle's changeover valve and auxiliary heater both need to be replaced. Total time in the shop looks to be at least a month because the parts are back-ordered. In the meantime, they gave me a loaner vehicle that's an upgrade, so really I can't complain.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 01:11 PM   #50
iamdb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
In the meantime, they gave me a loaner vehicle that's an upgrade, so really I can't complain.
Did they give you an i7? I'm curious
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 06:35 PM   #51
guy_in_boston
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdb View Post
Did they give you an i7? I'm curious
The dealer loaned me an i4 M50. It took about a month to replace the changeover valve and auxiliary heater in my i4 eDrive35, apparently because the parts took a few weeks to arrive. Although the loaner car was a higher-end model than my eDrive35, I was glad to have my own car back, because the software and maps in the loaner were out-of-date.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 08:16 AM   #52
Windshieldfarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The dealer loaned me an i4 M50. It took about a month to replace the changeover valve and auxiliary heater in my i4 eDrive35, apparently because the parts took a few weeks to arrive. Although the loaner car was a higher-end model than my eDrive35, I was glad to have my own car back, because the software and maps in the loaner were out-of-date.
I have an IX that was repaired for the same problem…it was returned to me last week after awaiting parts for eight weeks. Question…is BMW going to issue a recall or are they just going to repair those that leak. I’m surprised the forums have gone silent about this. Seems there would be a lot of owners at risk during periods of cold weather.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 06:40 PM   #53
DBinOH
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5; 2016 M235i Conv. 6MT

Garage List
Looks like they're just going to do repairs. I will tell you that BMW USA was very generous in making it right after my car was at the dealership for 7 weeks.
Appreciate 1
drexplode1784.50
      03-28-2024, 07:11 PM   #54
Windshieldfarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBinOH View Post
Looks like they're just going to do repairs. I will tell you that BMW USA was very generous in making it right after my car was at the dealership for 7 weeks.
Likewise regarding how I was treated by the brand and dealership. Top Notch! That said I was in a convenient location when mine started to leak. Could have been a bit of a mess had the failure occurred in a remote area…where I travel from time to time. My dealer said they had fixed several including a brand new i5.
Appreciate 0