BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

04-02-2024, 03:27 PM   #23
Flasher
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
What are the benefits and differences of the new programming data? I have ista+ on my laptop and e-net cable. I just used ista+ to reset my high-voltage battery to increase the battery capacity. I'm kinda new in these kinds of things. Btw i have 2014 BMW i3 60ah. Those datas are oke for any i3 and any risk?
which resets did you use for the i3 ?
i did resets DF93 to DF9B-D and -F after upgrading my 20Ah cell packs to 34Ah cell packs - the SME in the i3 and i8 are basically the same but with different programming of the software regarding the battry capacity, number of cell packs and CSC's....
I'm very curious if you did more resets, i did not yet use resets DF85- 7D-7E-7F-78-79-7A and 7B because i was unsure if i would mess up my settings which still work with the first range of resets....
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 09:51 AM   #24
iRex
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw i3 Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
What are the benefits and differences of the new programming data? I have ista+ on my laptop and e-net cable. I just used ista+ to reset my high-voltage battery to increase the battery capacity. I'm kinda new in these kinds of things. Btw i have 2014 BMW i3 60ah. Those datas are oke for any i3 and any risk?
Hi, I'm also interested in resetting the HV battery, but I have some questions.
Which version of ISTA did you use, because I heard that they removed the option in newer versions.
Did you actually get any capacity back, if yes, how much?
And what is your I-step version? Because I don't know if newer versions already fixed the BMS bug, so it's not necessary to perform a reset for 60Ah version.
Appreciate 0