Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-29-2024, 06:26 AM   #1
nsoltz
Rep
Drives: Mercedes EQB300

Naive Question About Leasing Through Broker

Hoping that MB will soon lemon my '23 EQB300 (very problematic vehicle). Looking to leasing iX through broker since the deals seem so much better than what dealers around here are willing to offer. If I lease through a broker and vehicle has to be delivered from distant dealer, what happens with the set up and instructions that the BMW genius provides. Am I on my own to activate app, activate EA and basically learn the system from poking around or YouTube videos? Sorry for naive question.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 06:49 AM   #2
exxxviii
Captain
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoltz View Post
If I lease through a broker and vehicle has to be delivered from distant dealer, what happens with the set up and instructions that the BMW genius provides. Am I on my own to activate app, activate EA and basically learn the system from poking around or YouTube videos? Sorry for naive question.
That depends on the dealer, but mine was super helpful. But yeah, in general, you are on your own a bit since you get the car outside of the routine dealer processes. Most of it is self-learnable from good forums, but there probably are some nice nuances that a Genius would tell you up front.

I did a call with my selling dealership's Genius a few weeks after I got the car, and he helped me with a few remaining questions I had. It would have been better if I did it the week I got the car.
      04-29-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
yvnrg1981
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

My broker is pretty good with setting everything up. Any questions I had or have they were able to answer or find out for me. I haven't gone to a dealer since 2004 when the brokers started to pop up and helped me out of scam I had signed for my 1st lease ever.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004040.50
      04-29-2024, 10:06 AM   #4
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Hoping that MB will soon lemon my '23 EQB300 (very problematic vehicle). Looking to leasing iX through broker since the deals seem so much better than what dealers around here are willing to offer. If I lease through a broker and vehicle has to be delivered from distant dealer, what happens with the set up and instructions that the BMW genius provides. Am I on my own to activate app, activate EA and basically learn the system from poking around or YouTube videos? Sorry for naive question.
I did a lot of research ahead of time on forums and watching YouTube videos. I also got some phone help from the sales advisor who was great. You can also visit the genius at your local dealer even if you didn’t acquire the car from them.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004040.50
      04-29-2024, 11:14 AM   #5
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Can the brokers set up ‘Courtesy Delivery’ for a nominal price, such as $500 to have the car delivered/set up at a local dealership even if supplied from one far away?
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004040.50
      04-30-2024, 03:32 PM   #6
nsoltz
Rep
Drives: Mercedes EQB300

Thank you. Very helpful information and certainly worth questioning the broker what support is offered if leasing through a remote dealer. Still I hope whenever this happens that I can pick up the car. I am one of those types who loves visiting car dealerships and looking at cars. And my last 4 cars were purchased/leased at MB or BMW dealerships where there was no nonsense and top notch professionalism. Now, if only this EQB300 were as great as my dealer...
Appreciate 1
JSTARR184.00
      04-30-2024, 03:46 PM   #7
exxxviii
Captain
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Still I hope whenever this happens that I can pick up the car. I am one of those types who loves visiting car dealerships and looking at cars.
You probably could arrange to pick up the car. I could have with mine. I don't think the dealer cares at all. The broker typically gets you to the point of setting to the deal parameters, and then hands you off to the dealer for contracting and delivery.
      04-30-2024, 03:50 PM   #8
LVBMW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Can the brokers set up ‘Courtesy Delivery’ for a nominal price, such as $500 to have the car delivered/set up at a local dealership even if supplied from one far away?
Might be a liability issue for the local dealer. They would have to accept the vehicle from the transporter and sign off on the lack of any damage, etc. on behalf of the customer.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 03:52 PM   #9
LVBMW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you. Very helpful information and certainly worth questioning the broker what support is offered if leasing through a remote dealer. Still I hope whenever this happens that I can pick up the car. I am one of those types who loves visiting car dealerships and looking at cars. And my last 4 cars were purchased/leased at MB or BMW dealerships where there was no nonsense and top notch professionalism. Now, if only this EQB300 were as great as my dealer...
I'm sure picking it up and driving it home would be no problem at all. I don't think the dealer cares either way. If you elect to ship it I suggest an enclosed carrier. A bit extra cost but a lot of extra protection.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 04:46 PM   #10
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBMW View Post
Might be a liability issue for the local dealer. They would have to accept the vehicle from the transporter and sign off on the lack of any damage, etc. on behalf of the customer.
I’ve had Courtesy deliveries sent to me here before, e.g. from a purchasing BMW dealer in NJ to a local dealer here in KS. The car was 100% paid for and all paperwork performed in NJ; (thanks FedEx).

My local dealer then delivered the car to me, at a predetermined cost, just as they would have done had I bought the car there.

I’m not sure there’s much difference in a broker lead purchase from one BMW dealership and shipping it to another for delivery.

But perhaps there is.
Appreciate 1
LVBMW1546.00
      04-30-2024, 04:54 PM   #11
LVBMW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I’ve had Courtesy deliveries sent to me here before, e.g. from a purchasing BMW dealer in NJ to a local dealer here in KS. The car was 100% paid for and all paperwork performed in NJ; (thanks FedEx).

My local dealer then delivered the car to me, at a predetermined cost, just as they would have done had I bought the car there.

I’m not sure there’s much difference in a broker lead purchase from one BMW dealership and shipping it to another for delivery.

But perhaps there is.
What is the local dealer charging you for? Do they do anything to the car before they deliver it to you? Fuel, charge, clean, detail, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 09:45 AM   #12
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBMW View Post
What is the local dealer charging you for? Do they do anything to the car before they deliver it to you? Fuel, charge, clean, detail, etc.?
Yes, it was if the local dealership had sold the car so all of the above applied, for which I paid them $500 as the car was diverted at the Port from the selling dealership. All paperwork; financial aspects had been performed already with the selling dealer in NJ however.

It seems fairly common on the corvetteforum board where cars are delivered to a local dealership from one of the big three Corvette dealers.
Appreciate 1
LVBMW1546.00
      05-05-2024, 10:41 AM   #13
JSTARR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW IX, BMW X3, Toyota Tacoma

I think to some this may seem an anachronistic outlook, but I prefer to try to establish a positive, long-term relationship with a dealership if they are good. In that case I want to know manager/ownership, top sales people & especially service manager etc.
This has helped us get & maintain fair deals on great wheels many times over the decades; but in some cases not and then my next purchase/lease will be somewhere else.
I hate having to play the game and beat up the casual sleazy random guys hanging out in the showroom or answering the phone.
There is a lot dealership folks can & may do if they perceive you as a valuable repeat customer.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2024, 09:03 PM   #14
Kennethjk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IX 50, Mustang Mach E, BMWX3

Normally I would agree with you to some extent but here is my example.

I dealt with 1 salesperson for approx 35 years. He didn’t need to get approval from the sales manager. Whatever he said was good and it was always the best price.

He retired, I dealt with another salesperson I knew, he quoted me a price that turned out $75 more a month than a brokers quote. When I mentioned I can get it cheaper somewhere else my SA said I can match it without even asking me to show proof. Turns out I did nothing but you see my point.

You know how many BMWs I have purchased from that dealer, over 30. You think I got any preferential treatment after being a customer for decades, none whatsoever.

When I went to look at the IX, the salesperson never bothered to get back to me, so I said enough, I used a broker and probably saved hundreds of dollars a month. On top of that I was able to use the MSD’s to reduce the payments even more. I don’t mind paying a little more but there are limits.

Not all brokers are the same.

That local dealer will still service the car and overall a good dealership but once they were sold from a local owner to a larger entity, not the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 07:24 PM   #15
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Next Level Auto Brokers help this guy out
Appreciate 0