BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

05-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Some interesting data on my 2019 Coupe

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the main things I was interested in with the 2019 LCI coupe was the improvement in electrical range. As you know, BMW publicly indicated in press releases that the range had improved from 15 to 18 real world miles. However, in the detailed specs attached to the press release, it indicated the max electrical range using the European testing cycle, was 34 miles. From the beginning, I felt the 18 miles was very conservative, not unexpected given the grief they received when the 2014 car was achieving ~ 18 real-world miles, short of the advertised number of 22. With a roughly 70% increase in battery energy density for the 2019 car, it didn't make sense that the range only improved by 20%.

Take a look at the screenshot from my BMW Connected app that I recorded this morning . Now I don't expect to get 38 miles, but I have already achieved 32 and have yet to have a normal electrical-only commute day so I can see how it fares in my real-world conditions. However, the 38 miles indicated is an estimate based on recent driving experience in E-Drive and the average rate of electrical energy consumption. Suffice it to say, I am thrilled with this range improvement .

Now, for those who were impressed with another aspect of the car's performance, namely its capability as a babe magnet, I offer up another couple recent photos I took at an art gallery opening the other night. As you might guess, the young lady in the photos is a professional model who happened to be working the gallery opening. As she was leaving the gallery, she saw my car, which was parked just outside (the owners asked that I move it to right in front of the entrance). When she asked what it was, I couldn't respond without ending my answer with a request that she pose for a photo next to the car. Thinking she would simply stand in front of it, I was taken aback when she nimbly crawled up on the hood. It was obvious she was a professional when I saw how carefully she moved onto the car, conscious of the need to be careful with her heels so as to not scratch the car. I wasn't too worried as I have a clear, protective bra on the front bumper and hood. That protects the car from damage, but I'm still trying to figure out how to protect me from bodily damage my wife might cause if she were to see these photos.

At this point, two weeks into my ownership of the car, I am thrilled beyond belief with the car and how well it satisfies my interests. But I must say, while I knew the car would draw attention, I had no idea that the attention it would draw would come in such attractive forms. BMW has definitely missed a marketing angle for the car, at least with the male sector of their target audience. Maybe Bimmerpost should start another photo sticky thread as a complement to the Location, Location, Location one: "Gorgeous Women, Gorgeous Women, Gorgeous Women"
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-07-2018, 06:21 AM   #2
zagaboo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 Roadster

Nice info on the range.

I also think you now hold the world record for highest number of women to have graced your i8 bonnet ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Impressive range ...I mean the car

Hot for sure....but I'd personally never have let her on my i8 bonnet.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
orion1977
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 i8 & '14 328i

I tell everyone not to sit on the hood.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 10:37 PM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
hot babes on i8s needs to be a thread.
      05-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #6
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion1977 View Post
Very sweet .

I'm sure there are probably some women who follow this forum and are getting annoyed with where this particular thread is going. Personally, I would not have any problem if they wanted to start posting pictures of men posing on or next to their cars.

BTW, I don't care for stereotypes, but my sense is that most i8 owners, men and women, are generally pretty socially progressive. Take me, for instance. I fully support the fact that the i8'ers who represent America's forefathers from across the pond have opinions that are just as valid as any from those of us in this MAGA (Make America Great Again) nation. Not only that, I think even some of the Brits that post here have a smart observation every once in awhile

Munich, get ready and bring on the Lowenbrau! Revolutionary War 2.0 is coming in July
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion1977 View Post
Very sweet .

I'm sure there are probably some women who follow this forum and are getting annoyed with where this particular thread is going. Personally, I would not have any problem if they wanted to start posting pictures of men posing on or next to their cars.

BTW, I don't care for stereotypes, but my sense is that most i8 owners, men and women, are generally pretty socially progressive. Take me, for instance. I fully support the fact that the i8'ers who represent America's forefathers from across the pond have opinions that are just as valid as any from those of us in this MAGA (Make America Great Again) nation. Not only that, I think even some of the Brits that post here have a smart observation every once in awhile

Munich, get ready and bring on the Lowenbrau! Revolutionary War 2.0 is coming in July
When going to Munich treat yourself to better beer than Löwenbräu. My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #8
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

I think we need a "ladies draped over i8's" thread!

Not to be sexist, the girls should get a thread of their own as well! However I'm guessing the main ingredients might not blend as well....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #9
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
I think we need a "ladies draped over i8's" thread!

Not to be sexist, the girls should get a thread of their own as well! However I'm guessing the main ingredients might not blend as well....
Bigger dents on the hood for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #10
Catania830
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Convertible

I don't have the picture of her on my car but believe it or not the hood can handle the weight hahaha
Attached Images

2014 F32 435i 300/KCSW [Sold]
2012 F30 328i A96/LCL3 Sport Line[Sold]
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #11
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking ...ok if you insist

Here is a "beauty" that Clarkson & I met in Berlin during our PI Leipzig trip.

Not really sure I could understand Clarkson's fascination with "her".

I know I certainly wouldn't want "her" on my i8 bonnet

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

….well that's changed the quality of this thread
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #13
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasH View Post
….well that's changed the quality of this thread
Not to mention my opinion of Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #14
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catania830 View Post
I don't have the picture of her on my car but believe it or not the hood can handle the weight hahaha
Seeing that you are a BMW Client Advisor, can you let us know if that beauty in red is a local dealer option? To hell with the frickin display key, give me the blond
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #15
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i8 Babes (and dudes, if the ladies want to bring it on)

Not wanting to let this all important thread die, here's the latest adventures of me and my 2019 i8 coupe vis a vis the Pure Impulse life style. I went to Las Vegas this past weekend for Tiger Jam 2018. This is the 20th annual Tiger Jam event, which includes a 2-day golf event, along with VIP parties, private concert (Train performed), and poker tournament, all hosted by Tiger Woods. The whole purpose of the Jam is to raise funds for the Tiger Woods Foundation, which helps under served communities and kids, particularly with regard to college scholarships. Very worthwhile and tons of fun.

Although I drove my car, I didn't actually get around to taking any photos of it because I was so distracted by other things, as you'll see in the photos. For those in the U.S. who know U.S. football, I met Reggie Bush and Larry Fitzgerald (both very nice). For female golfers, I met Blair O'Neal, Troy Mullins (long drive champion), and Paige Spirinac. And, as luck would have it, my model friend from the art gallery opening happened to be in Vegas for a gig at EDC at the same time, so I hooked up with her as well (yes, that's an I///M Fan t-shirt she's wearing). All in all, a fantastic weekend. BMW PI program should definitely consider an event at Las Vegas at some point.

OK, I admit this is probably more of a Facebook post than one for Bimmerpost, but I couldn't resist as there are things I feel comfortable posting here that I wouldn't want to post on FB.
Attached Images

Last edited by drlonline; 05-23-2018 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0