Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
2001 BMW M3 Vert  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2005 E83 X3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocke29 View Post
I got mine (albeit) 4+ months ago for $1250, 12k miles, 5k drive off (included first month). Tera World, no laser lights
Hmph. Doesn't sound far off from what were offering on a car with $6k light upgrade :/
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #24
Swiftym3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 BMW M3 Vert  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2005 E83 X3  [10.00]
SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #25
Mikegg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8, RR SVR, Maserati Ghibli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftym3 View Post
SOLD!
Cool - glad you are happy you took advantage of someone.

You were so embarrassed with the reaction you got on here with those lease numbers, that you removed the numbers from the post.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #26
ilushka85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Anyone still looking for a lease takeover? I am considering giving mine up. It has about 27 months left at $14xx including tax(depending where you are the tax may go down as we are at about 7%)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #27
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegg View Post
Quote:
SOLD!

You were so embarrassed with the reaction you got on here with those lease numbers, that you removed the numbers from the post.
Was thinking the same thing. At least it wasn't someone here.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
notmrg4.50
      12-09-2016, 01:59 AM   #28
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
SOLD!

I'm confused a little. How is he taking advantage of someone? OP works for a dealership and is incentivized to make money. This is capitalism. We don't know the exact deal the buyer received - maybe the deal originally presented was the starting, not ending point for what ultimately transpired. And even if the buyer paid the initial ask, it was a market transaction between a willing buyer and seller.

You guys here are likely the most knowledgeable and savvy when it comes to leasing an i8. Not everyone is so knowledgeable and I'm sure there are very happy i8 owners paying $5k down and $1,600 or more per month. They will never come on this site and never know the difference.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #29
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Quote:
Quote:
SOLD!

I'm confused a little. How is he taking advantage of someone? OP works for a dealership and is incentivized to make money. This is capitalism. We don't know the exact deal the buyer received - maybe the deal originally presented was the starting, not ending point for what ultimately transpired. And even if the buyer paid the initial ask, it was a market transaction between a willing buyer and seller.

You guys here are likely the most knowledgeable and savvy when it comes to leasing an i8. Not everyone is so knowledgeable and I'm sure there are very happy i8 owners paying $5k down and $1,600 or more per month. They will never come on this site and never know the difference.
You are absolutely right. Ignorance is bliss. That being said, for those that come here on this site they will get educated if they are wanting to be. It's all good!

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #30
Mikegg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Quote:
Quote:
SOLD!

That is true. But a dealer and a salesman makes the fair amount of money when someone is paying $1200 with 0 Down. Someone laying $1600 and $5k I am sure those people are happy with the car and the deal as they don't realize they are being robbed. Just because someone doesn't realize it's a bad deal, doesn't mean the salesman and dealer should be happy screwing someone.

I'm all about someone making money, but being morally sound is important.

Agreed?
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #31
Swiftym3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 BMW M3 Vert  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2005 E83 X3  [10.00]
Actually a forum member did lease the i8, and if he wants to disclose the final numbers that's up to him. I will say he got a smoking deal, because instead of ranting on the internet he was actually interested in buying the car. He also gave me a nice bottle of vodka for making the 7 hour trip to pick him up to take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #32
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Actually a forum member did lease the i8, and if he wants to disclose the final numbers that's up to him. I will say he got a smoking deal, because instead of ranting on the internet he was actually interested in buying the car. He also gave me a nice bottle of vodka for making the 7 hour trip to pick him up to take delivery.
With all due respect, we're not "ranting on the internet" considering everyone who's chimed in here actually has an i8 and can speak to what kind of deal we got.

You yourself acknowledged it was up for negotiation because you know that the first deal you put up was a joke. Now that doesn't mean you guys weren't able to come down back to earth, which is evident since you got the sale.

This forum specifically the i8 section isn't filled with trolls like the f8x/e9x side, so we generally do our homework and have no reason to hide numbers otherwise/looking to start trouble.

Congrats on the sale and don't drink&drive
      12-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #33
Mikegg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
With all due respect, we're not "ranting on the internet" considering everyone who's chimed in here actually has an i8 and can speak to what kind of deal we got.

You yourself acknowledged it was up for negotiation because you know that the first deal you put up was a joke. Now that doesn't mean you guys weren't able to come down back to earth, which is evident since you got the sale.

This forum specifically the i8 section isn't filled with trolls like the f8x/e9x side, so we generally do our homework and have no reason to hide numbers otherwise/looking to start trouble.

Congrats on the sale and don't drink&drive
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #34
Swiftym3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 BMW M3 Vert  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2005 E83 X3  [10.00]
I completely understand, glad I could add another i8 to the community.
Appreciate 0