Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

04-25-2024, 08:57 AM   #1
jplev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 xDrive40

Garage List
Issue Charging Immediately

I have had this issue when charging my i4 at home trying to charge immediately upon plugging in the car...I have the My BMW app and i4 car charging settings to charge immediately. After I plug the car in, it begins to charge immediately for a few minutes, then the charging shuts down. The app and car both then show an estimated departure time in the future and consequently, a future start time to begin charging (not based on anything I entered, is never the same estimated departure time, seemingly 24 hours after I initially charged the car in). I then have to go back into the settings and again change it back to charge immediately which then works fine. This happens every time I charge the vehicle.

BMW support so far has not been much help. I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue and if so, if there is a remedy.
Appreciate 0