clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
I agree with the first guy..car looks cool but the sound, if this car produces any at all, will be disappointing..OH wait!!!!!!!!! There will be fake exaust from a v8 being dumped thru the stereo!! Wohoo!! Way to go BMW!!

I cant see the point of this car really..the i3 makes total sense..small city vehicle with great range and less CO2 emissions..ok.

But this? Was this suposed to be a sports car? Bmw made the sports car of the future but forgot that we're on the present..altho in a diferent league, the porsche 918 its completly accepted as a sports car..has the power, the sound, the looks and tech to match..i even like the idea of it having an eletric motor aswell..but the concept its diferent..in the porsche the eletric motor its there to help the petrol engine..in the i8 it seems to be the other way around.
Couldn't agree more. The P1 & 918 have spine tingling sound, as well as a being "hybrid."

3 cylinders reminds me of an anemic Chevy rental car I had to drive to the airport.

So farI'm given' the i8 the "stink eye
Yeah, but realistically how many of us on this forum can afford an i8, let alone the 918 or P1 (which is sold out)? Very few.

They are leagues apart in so many ways. Having said that I'd really like to see BMW make something along the lines of the 918.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

welcome to the future...
It's just a bit pricey.
21 M5C DD|21 M550 xDrive|05 E46M3 race car 6SPD|2019 2LT Corvette GS 7SPD track car|22 Tundra SR5 TRD Sport|19 Q7 V6 & 22 Q7 2.0T|20 G63|19 Vantage 4.0TT|22 Boxster 25 Year 6SPD sold|08 Porsche Cayman 5SPD sold|18 R8 RWS sold|Many previous cars
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #25
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow i8 engine sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
Couldn't agree more. The P1 & 918 have spine tingling sound, as well as a being "hybrid."

3 cylinders reminds me of an anemic Chevy rental car I had to drive to the airport.

So far…I'm given' the i8 the "stink eye

The i8's 3 cylinder sounds downright mean to me! And it will sound even better with ASD.

We Detail the BMW i8 Exterior/Interior Active Sound and Pedestrian Protection System
http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=960956
Appreciate 0