01-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
jondaman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I was lucky enough to be at CES during the last three days. Eventually, I made my way to the BMW booth after all these time.
It was a hectic three days fill with meetings but I know I have to go take a look at BMW's booth for all you guys.
On display was a beautiful matte copper i8 future interaction concept built based on the touch less technology. What it means is that all control were gesture base and buttons were eliminated from the entire infotainment system.
I am not here to elaborate on the technology, but please do enjoy some eye candies I shot at the show.
Attached Images

Past: E46 Metallic Blue Coupe 323i GONE: E86 Jet Black Z4 Convertible GONE: E92 Crimson Red 335i,
F30 Liquid Blue Matallic 328i
Current Garage Queen: Mineral White F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
jhbi8
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Very cool! I was at CES as well. Did you see the i8 with a roll cage?
Attached Images

01-13-2016, 03:33 AM   #3
Hitz101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 + Lamborghini Huracan LP610

I mean its a cool thing the whole gesture control thing like in the new 7 series but honestly...I'd rather have the OPTION to use gesture controls if I WANT but also have the buttons as well. It seems like it would be pain having to sit there & remember all these gestures & then wave your hands around while driving & HOPE it actually got it & works & have to keep looking at the screen to see if it got it & ugh...I can already see where that would be headed.

Please DO NOT do gesture ONLY. Want to give it to us as an option to use if we want as some quick shortcuts for some things fine good deal. But don't try to force us to have no damn buttons & have to use gestures for everything. Buttons are good.
Appreciate 0