BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

12-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
I8_MD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 I8 Protonic Blue

New Protonic Blue I8

Just picked up my new I8 from Fields BMW in Northfield, IL. I knew the second that I saw this car last year that I had to have it. I got on the list last January and got their number 2 spot. Unfortunately, I was further behind on my local Michigan BMW dealer's list, but working with Fields BMW was an absolute pleasure.

A little bit about the car:
I was initially torn between the Protonic Blue and the Grey, however, after finally seeing the Protonic Blue in person, I am extremely happy with my choice. Pictures cannot do this color justice, especially when the car is in the sun. Both the car and the color draw a ton of attention. The car itself is a beast and with barely touching the pedal, I was already at 85 MPH before I knew it. I'll post a more in depth review after I take a little bit more time to fully go through everything this car has to offer.

One other thing: I was driving the car from the delivery drop off location to my house (less than a mile away) and was pulled over by the cops. I wasn't speeding or doing anything illegal, but they flagged for me to pull over (without their sirens). They apologized for stopping me but wanted to let me know it was the coolest car they had ever seen and wanted to find out more about it. Be ready for a lot of attention if you're getting this car!
Attached Images

Last edited by I8_MD; 12-01-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
StuM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8 Protonic Blue/Pure Impulse/

Garage List
New blue

Congratulations! When I bought a new Audi R8 V10 Spyder and was driving if from NC to Tx, after initial delivery, I had three different cops do exactly the same thing to me during the long drive. Just wanted to see and hear about the car. Not funny to be standing alongside the interstate and having other drivers think we'd been pulled over for some terrible infraction.

Totally agree re your color choice. My blue/PI/turbine wheels should be completed on 12/2 and on it's way to my stable soon thereafter. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #3
MercuryMog
England
Rep
Drives: MY16 BMW i8

Looks stunning congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

I did order my i8 with Laurel a year ago and the wait list is much longer at MSRP. Congratulations to you, didn't think of Fields when I ordered.

Let me know if you will go to any meets next year once the winter will be over!
Appreciate 0