Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-20-2024, 09:16 AM   #1
chi_guy23
Rep
Drives: iX xDrive50

Find charging stations on route is buggy

I was driving from Chicago to Detroit, and about halfway through the trip started looking for charging stations via the car navigation. The car kept showing me results back in Chicago even though there were plenty of results on the way confirmed on my phone. Anyone else have this issue?

As an additional issue, the gps seems to be missing a lot of EA charging stations.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 12:52 PM   #2
Kennethjk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IX 50, Mustang Mach E, BMWX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy23 View Post
I was driving from Chicago to Detroit, and about halfway through the trip started looking for charging stations via the car navigation. The car kept showing me results back in Chicago even though there were plenty of results on the way confirmed on my phone. Anyone else have this issue?

As an additional issue, the gps seems to be missing a lot of EA charging stations.
Definitely not perfect. Sometimes when I checked a local charger it would show 60 miles away yet I knew there was an EA charger .5 miles away. Why I don’t know .
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:52 PM   #3
whoa_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G34 / Kalahari Beige

Garage List
Make sure you set the search parameters to ‘along route’ as I believe your search parameters could be defaulted to something else.

plus, it seems that their databases do not update as often automatically. A simple solution could be to go into vehicle settings, and manually toggle the update within apps & services, which is towards the bottom of the list.
Appreciate 0