BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-25-2024, 11:22 AM   #1
artooks
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.20 ED

Problem with BMW Wallbox Gen3 Rfid card

Hi,

I just received my car yesterday, about a week ago, I had the wallbox installation done. Yesterday I hooked my car to the charger, and my card started the charge cycle, everything went smooth, I came back about an hour later seeing that the leakage relay enabled, and stopped the charge, this morning I called the electrician he came and changed the leakage relay, but when I returned from work, this time I realized that the rfid card does not start the charge process and I disabled it to start the charge, what it could be how can I enable the rfid card again ?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 01:45 PM   #2
Kennethjk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IX 50, Mustang Mach E, BMWX3

What is a leakage relay?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 02:57 PM   #3
exxxviii
Captain
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennethjk View Post
What is a leakage relay?
OP is from Turkey. He is probably referring to the main GFCI circuit breaker.

The Wallbox RFID card is another animal. It sounds like when the Wallbox lost power, it forgot its RFID cards. I don't have a Wallbox, so no clue about this question.
      04-25-2024, 03:27 PM   #4
artooks
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.20 ED

Hi,

Yes that is the thing, when the electrician changed the circuit breaker, the wallbox remained without power for some time, I guess when there is a loss of power in the wallbox the rfid cards becomes out of order. I spent almost an hour trying to enable the cards, it was really boring but then I realized that, instead of using the "setup card" I was using the "charging card" so the solution is as follows.

1) If there is a loss of power in the wallbox for some time. The rfid cards becomes out of order.

2) Go to Setup - System - Authorization / RFID - Activate "Authorization / RFID" slider by moving it to the right and press "Confirm".

3) Then select "Change setup card" in the same place just below "Authorization / RFID" and use the "BMW Home Charging Setup Card"
just move it on the wallbox until you see "Success" then press "Confirm".
4) Now you can plug the type 2 cable on the card and use your "BMW Home Charging Card"

It took some time to realize this.
Appreciate 0