Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Snail Tracks left by BMW Dealer

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Not the kind of snail tracks that first comes to mind lol but actual snail tracks from a garden snail.

Took my i8 to the dealer that sold me the car. Not as convenient as my closest bmw dealer and so I clearly won't be going back after this weird experience.

The other strange thing is that it took two days to change the oil although they were nice enough to give me a x3 loaner. So what was going on for those two days my car was there???

Got the car back and found this - see pics of passenger footwell.

whack.
Attached Images

a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

My oil and filter change took less than two hours at my dealership. The only service maintenance that required the vehicle to be held overnight was for software update.

As for the snail tracks, looks like the dealer that serviced your car lacks attention to detail nor do they recognize or appreciate your loyalty. You are right to find a better dealer and more important, a better service advisor (I've always checked and asked around before requesting for particular SA). My BMW SA besides offering quality and attentive service, has in the past expressed his appreciation for my loyalty as he recognizes there are dealers that are far closer in proximity to where I live and work.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Could someone who rode with you have carried the snail in with their shoes? Did you carry anything there, like flowers or vegetables? This is a rather odd thing to find in a car. And dealerships are usually huge slabs of concrete - unlikely home for a snail.

P.S.: Did you ever find the thing, or is still in there looking for food? ;-)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 02:08 AM   #4
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

That's unpleasant , how on earth a snail did end up with your car is beyond my approach
      03-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight View Post
Could someone who rode with you have carried the snail in with their shoes? Did you carry anything there, like flowers or vegetables? This is a rather odd thing to find in a car. And dealerships are usually huge slabs of concrete - unlikely home for a snail.

P.S.: Did you ever find the thing, or is still in there looking for food? ;-)
I haven't had a passenger or carried anything in the car in months. I just drive it to work when the weather is nice. I wear a suit and work in an office and park on the second floor of a concrete garage. So impossible for me to have brought it by accident. And even if I did can't see how it would have moved from the driver side to the passenger footwell.

More amusing than anything really not a biggie but just weird wth was bmw doing with the car for two days ??
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I haven't had a passenger or carried anything in the car in months. I just drive it to work when the weather is nice. I wear a suit and work in an office and park on the second floor of a concrete garage. So impossible for me to have brought it by accident. And even if I did can't see how it would have moved from the driver side to the passenger footwell.

More amusing than anything really not a biggie but just weird wth was bmw doing with the car for two days ??
Did you check the odometer to see if it was test driven? Likely hypothesis could be that they performed a software update on your i8. In which case it involves two mechanics, one to perform drive functions while the other checking out the computer diagnostic readouts. Perhaps the two service mechanics switched places halfway through the test drive and inadvertently brought on a stowaway.

Whether or not that is the case, whoever did the last minute removal of the protective plastic seat covers and the paper floor mats should have paid more attention to the cleaning details.

Last edited by YWGT3; 03-21-2017 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Is it me then just that monitors my i8 whenever the garage has it, via its tracking feature?

Where it is. Checking if it is indoors overnight, and if the doors are locked etc when outside.

To be fair though, my dealer has always taken impeccable care of it.
Appreciate 0