BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

04-05-2024, 04:30 PM   #1
willi9
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

BMW i3s headlight coding

Hello Everyone,

I have recently replaced the LED headlight in my I3S, unfortunately it is not working and i get an error saying coding is needed, I have tried to use the old modules but then I get an error about incorrect alignemt,

Q1. How can I code the new headlight I have esys and enet cable but not much experience so would really appritiate a quick guide if possible
Q2. Wy when replacing modules from the old LED I get that error ? is it because they are from different year ( old one 2018 new one 2021 but both normal LED not adapative one ) or does it need some sort of adaptation ( if yes can this be done by using esys ? )

Thank you so much in advance I have found couple of similar threads but all general information with no details, I have tried to perform conding module 44 ( readed it and coded ) both headlight went off then only old one come back on ( same as it was previously )

The new headlight is working fine as if I disconnect cable, turn on the car and then connect cable it is fully working but not after turning the car off and on again
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 10:15 AM   #2
willi9
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

Pls see the screenshot from esys, I can see CAFD FOR Fle 43 Which I believe is the left headlight but there is nothing under FLA.44

Can you please help me with that?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:57 PM   #3
maaii11
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F54

Inject CAFD and press "Code". HWEL is correct
Appreciate 0