Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

02-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #45
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

If you go to Autobild.de and ignore the DSi5 on the first page of the gallery ( I am not being sarcastic) You will find a reasonably correct rendition of the BMW i8 in production guise which is very much similar to the production car. Also shown is a potential BMW i8 Cabrio. And yes it is being conceived and so far exists as a full scale clay model.

What is also interesting and is something else being conceived but nothing is final as yet. Is the car that potentially will become the MINI Rocketman if you break it down to material technology and genetics. The i1 which potentially could use the same methods as the Rocketman with exposed CFRP platform. Although for the mini-MINI to use this idea then you are talking about a car that would be more expensive than the regular MINI hatch.

There are several i3 and i8 prototypes driving around Munich and Winter testing in Sweden. The i3 is proving to be very nimble weaving in and out of traffic. Hopefully some spy video and photography should follow and will be able to show you this car on the move?
      02-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #46
SuBMWaru
Rep
Drives: Subarus and BMWs

Drive train is my first interest in a concept BMW. im counting on BMWs Eco line to stick with proper rwd. Just keeps things awesome.
Appreciate 0