BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

02-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
HVAC Button Not Working (Blinking On/Off)

Anyone have trouble with their HVAC not working? Pressing the button does nothing it seems and the light randomly blinks on/off. Adjusting the temp knob all the way down seems to make the light stable but then it not as soon as the temp is changed. Also sometimes the light is just barely lit. Changing to Eco Plus does turn off the AC but switch it back doesn't seem to fix this problem. I also don't seem to notice much change in temp going from hottest to coldest. Though on auto mode the blowers do increase speed.

Ideas?

Video:
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
Anyone have trouble with their HVAC not working? Pressing the button does nothing it seems and the light randomly blinks on/off. Adjusting the temp knob all the way down seems to make the light stable but then it not as soon as the temp is changed. Also sometimes the light is just barely lit. Changing to Eco Plus does turn off the AC but switch it back doesn't seem to fix this problem. I also don't seem to notice much change in temp going from hottest to coldest. Though on auto mode the blowers do increase speed.

Ideas?
I had something similar last year, and the (default) solution from dealer was to re-code my car to the latest software spec. That took care of that problem.

I remember reading in my M3 manual (can't find anything in i3 manual) that AC compressor will nor run when ambient is below in 32F or 40F. It will just blow outside air into the interior.

Doubt that's your problem in Cali, but you never know.

a
Appreciate 1
TimeFor179.50
      02-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
I had something similar last year, and the (default) solution from dealer was to re-code my car to the latest software spec. That took care of that problem.

I remember reading in my M3 manual (can't find anything in i3 manual) that AC compressor will nor run when ambient is below in 32F or 40F. It will just blow outside air into the interior.

Doubt that's your problem in Cali, but you never know.

a
Yeah its been raining but definitely not below 40F. I'll take it to my SA tomorrow. Need new wiper blades anyways. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Problem fixed itself and ended up not taking it in. Problem returned.
Appreciate 0