BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

12-30-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
Fram
Registered
Rep
Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee

What made you go for your i3?

Hello everyone,

I'm a final year geography student at University College London exploring the world of EVs. I'm trying to get some information from real world owners regarding their decision making process when it came to buying their EV.

I've created a poll and would greatly appreciate it if you could respond to it if you have the time!

HTML Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.easypolls.net/ext/scripts/emPoll.js?p=58662960e4b0423ec14f496e"></script><a class="OPP-powered-by" href="https://www.murvey.com" style="text-decoration:none;"><div style="font: 9px arial; color: gray;">survey software</div></a>
EDIT: Unfortunately the embed code doesn't seem to work here but the link is here

It's a single question, why did you choose your EV, and there are 3 possible answers. Literally should take 5 seconds to complete!

To clarify, when I say cost, I include running costs, grants etc- basically, was it a financial decision?

I don't have my own EV yet but I took an i3 for a test drive recently and was seriously impressed. You guys are living in the future!

Thanks,

Fram

P.S. Mods / Admins, I apologise for not using the forum's built in poll feature- doing it with an online tool allows me to embed the results into my blog in the future!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fram View Post
I don't have my own EV yet but I took an i3 for a test drive recently and was seriously impressed. You guys are living in the future!
Done.

And that was my reason. The driving experience is exceptional and better than any city car I've driven.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
bailyhill
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X3 30e

Why i3?

Well my lease on Smart Electric Drive was ending. A colleague had a 2015 REX with 9 months to go with a lease in the 2's. This gets me to the fall when the MY end deals may be a little better. Loved the way it drives. Charging is free. Don't plan to use REX except to keep it conditioned. Open, airy, up driving position like SUV, uber cool, green, 4 passenger, almost all the same goodies as my main car--X3 D for long range stuff. My commute is short, I once drove 44 days on a single charge with the Smart. The i3 will do even better.

Perfect car for a city environment or an island.

Bailyhill