Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

08-08-2022, 09:31 PM   #1
CycoMoose
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Just ordered iX - models and pickup options?

Hey all,

I've been hemming and hawing for months and finally got around to placing my order for an iX.

Lots have changed since I first saw it in person, and the options are much more limited now. I pretty much got it fully loaded:

iX 50
Sport
Storm Bay Metallic
22'' Aero bi color
Castanea Chestnut
Ultimate Package
Front Ventilated seats
Multi functional seats
LED headlights

Also went back and forth about 50 vs 60. I don't really go thrashing my cars around, so as much as I want the potential of the higher performance and just the really cool feeling of the M badge, I went conservative and went with range. My thought is that I want to maximize the car use for maybe some trips and the more range is better. Wife drives a X7 so that is always the default family hauler. Anyone want to tell me that I'm going to regret this? Seems like the aside from the HP the other major difference is that the B&W is available as a standard option on the 60.

I noticed the DHP is not an option anymore - but I see that ont he list of standards options for the 60, and part of the ultimate package for the 50, there is the integral active steering with rear axle steering. is that basically DHP?

I asked my CA about PCD or European delivery and he said PCD was only for SUVs since non-SUVs are made in Germany and European Delivery is still out since COVID. Is he right about the PCD - I thought it was an option (when it was around) for any car? Anyone else hear anything about PCD or European delivery from your respective CAs or still not on the table for anything?
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 08:13 AM   #2
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoMoose View Post
Hey all,

I've been hemming and hawing for months and finally got around to placing my order for an iX.

Lots have changed since I first saw it in person, and the options are much more limited now. I pretty much got it fully loaded:

iX 50
Sport
Storm Bay Metallic
22'' Aero bi color
Castanea Chestnut
Ultimate Package
Front Ventilated seats
Multi functional seats
LED headlights

Also went back and forth about 50 vs 60. I don't really go thrashing my cars around, so as much as I want the potential of the higher performance and just the really cool feeling of the M badge, I went conservative and went with range. My thought is that I want to maximize the car use for maybe some trips and the more range is better. Wife drives a X7 so that is always the default family hauler. Anyone want to tell me that I'm going to regret this? Seems like the aside from the HP the other major difference is that the B&W is available as a standard option on the 60.

I noticed the DHP is not an option anymore - but I see that ont he list of standards options for the 60, and part of the ultimate package for the 50, there is the integral active steering with rear axle steering. is that basically DHP?

I asked my CA about PCD or European delivery and he said PCD was only for SUVs since non-SUVs are made in Germany and European Delivery is still out since COVID. Is he right about the PCD - I thought it was an option (when it was around) for any car? Anyone else hear anything about PCD or European delivery from your respective CAs or still not on the table for anything?
European delivery program was permanently cancelled at the end of 2020. Wasn't due to COVID but rather waning interest and increased demand of US built X cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoMoose View Post
Hey all,

iX 50
Sport
Storm Bay Metallic
22'' Aero bi color
Castanea Chestnut
Ultimate Package
Front Ventilated seats
Multi functional seats
LED headlights

You can 100% opt for a PCD Delivery at Thermal,CA or Spartanburg/Greer, SC at $0 cost option to you. Hotel and transportation is covered by BMW .. .you get yourself to the local airport for pickup at your expense. This is for any new BMW built at any global plant.

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't want the iX without B&W, but otherwise the xDrive50 would still be an excellent choice for me personally as well. For the necessity of B&W, I went M60.
Appreciate 0