BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

05-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

A BMW i3 Review worth watching

Hello everyone, recently I went to the BMW ultimate drive event in East Rutherford NJ and I had the perfect opportunity to drive a few cars that I haven't had a chance to. One of the cars was the brand new 2015 BMW i3, all electric version. This drive was an absolute shock at 1st impressions. The electric engine efforts put forth are surprising. Yes we know the i3 is a lightweight, but the electric engine provided is more than enough to satisfy the buyer. I would like to test drive the i3 with the range extender to see if I feel a weight difference. I would also like to squash the myth behind the thin tires. We can assume all day that BMW made a "bad decision" when picking out this rubber but they did a fine job. The handling was very good for what this car is made for. The steering was very precise and I had zero problems navigating this swiftly around a turn. The turning radius by the way is one of the best I've seen in a small car. I didn't like the small dash board, it's basically just a small screen that gives you just enough information. It gives the driver a great view of the road but I'm used to seeing more things in front of me when I drive. Regarding the views, inside the cockpit, the views are similar to an F16 fighter jet (which I've sat in), it gives you 360 degree of everything around you, great job BMW for that. For my size, 5' 10", I felt very comfortable sitting in the i3, since the transmission and drive-train are not directly underneath the car, it provides plenty of legroom and headroom for everyone. I would buy this car as my city driver, it's a wonderful piece of machinery. Go test drive one today!!!

I hope you like my video guys, please like, subscribe, and share when you can.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

http://insideevs.com/details-bmw-i3-...re-technology/

Here's a post on BMW and Bridgestone developing new teck in tire teck!!
Appreciate 1