03-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #23
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you
The iWatch commercial I just saw had what appeared to be an i3 app.
Yeah that iRemote
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #24
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I'd buy the apple car if it's dynamic and is priced right.

Tesla Model lll. That's the car that will rock the segment.
You funny too !

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #25
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecom32
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
True. But unlike the Microsoft car it won't have the cheapest and crappiest operating system available and won't be hacked 30 seconds after you pull out of your garage.
The very reason I no longer will own a windows PC.
Ugh, the ignorance in this thread already.

Microsoft OS's aren't insecure POS's. The reason why you hear about Windows security issues more often than Apple ones is because of market share. Why would you bother looking for an exploit or writing a virus/malware for an OS (Mac OS X) that has a 7.11% market share, when you could target the 92.51% share that Microsoft has?

Malware has been released that infects Macs and it's been pretty rough for people who were infected.
Whatever dude. Some people don't know how to close a browser down. I have a graveyard of PC's all my Mac's are still kicking. Windows is played regardless.
Macs suck! The TRUE reason a Windows platform is more susceptible to viruses is backwards compatibility. Apple screws its customers every time they release a new OS because your software from OS IV isn't running on OSX. Meanwhile all the programs from Win95 still run on Win7&8. If you don't know your way around a PC very well and don't mind buying all your specific software every time you get a new OS, then by all means.....go Apple. Ultimately I could care less about crap like this but I would like an M4 that keeps its OEM turbos for more than 150,000. Now that would impress me!
What I was saying is the PC dies. Every MAC I have ever bought still works. It huge in my book. I just run virtual PC if I for some reason need to.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #26
TimMcC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW I01 i3S & Jaguar I-Pace

Quote:
What I was saying is the PC dies. Every MAC I have ever bought still works. It huge in my book. I just run virtual PC if I for some reason need to.
Then you're buying the wrong PCs.

I have some extremely old kit lying around that still works - you just need to ensure you obtain your hardware from a decent manufacturer. Apple take this out of your hands which is good for some, to me it just inflates price and decreases choice.

I used to be an avid Apple user back in the 90s, but switched to Windows due to its significant technological advances. At that time MacOS was single threaded - meaning when your computer was doing one thing (printing), you couldn't do anything else until it had finished...

I currently have daily exposure to Windows, Mac, and a number of Unix-type operating systems. They all have their advantages and disadvantages - at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. None are inherently more reliable or secure than any other. This is what we call in the industry 'FUD' propaganda. Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #27
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecom32 View Post
Ugh, the ignorance in this thread already.

Microsoft OS's aren't insecure POS's. The reason why you hear about Windows security issues more often than Apple ones is because of market share. Why would you bother looking for an exploit or writing a virus/malware for an OS (Mac OS X) that has a 7.11% market share, when you could target the 92.51% share that Microsoft has?

Malware has been released that infects Macs and it's been pretty rough for people who were infected.
      03-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #28
BarlasaM
Gravity Sucks.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

QNX FTW
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #29
DCG
REBEL
United_States