BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

03-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
drhardee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 w/REX Solar Orange

Great deal on a 2014 i3 w/REX !

Drove out of my local BMW dealership today (BMW of Columbia, SC) with quite a smile on my face after learning the "gotta get rid of 'em" lease deals that BMW has for the remaining 2014's.

I got my solar orange i3 with REX on a 3 year, 36K mile lease with $1,000.00 down for $455.00 a month, which includes optional "lease protection plan", (which may or may not be worth it). This is approximately what I HAD been paying for my 2006 330i before I sold it back to the dealership in November of 2014 for more than it's loan balance! They had that baby out the door again in 3 days.

I'm not gonna go for the 240v charger just yet, I seem to be able to get my needs met with the 120 v home occasional charger. I took it home for a day or two before signing on the dotted line.

I've still got an '04 MB C240 wagon for road trips, and I'll use that as necessary to keep the mileage down on the i.

This car has the "parking assistant" suite of buttons, and the ACC pedestrian and forward collision avoidance suite as well.

No heated seats or Harmon-Kardon stereo upgrade. Oh well, if I want a fancy stereo or heated leather under my butt, there's always the Benz.

Last edited by drhardee; 03-03-2015 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Congrats! There are still a fair amount of 2014s out there, and I'm trying myself to decide if its the right car for me (given it would be my ONLY car). If you don't mind my asking, how much off your MSRP did the dealer take. (BMW is throwing 7500 at it which is pretty nice to start)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
drhardee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 w/REX Solar Orange

Give that "it's gonna be my only car" conundrum some SERIOUS thought.
This car sticker-ed at $51,000, and was reduced to $42,000 and change as I recall.

BMW of Columbia (SC) has 3 or 4 more on the lot, but this was their only remaining "solar orange" 2014 unit. I just didn't want another grey/silver/white car. Call it a 50 year old's mid-life crisis

Last edited by drhardee; 03-03-2015 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhardee View Post
Give that "it's gonna be my only car" conundrum some SERIOUS thought.
This car sticker-ed at $51,000, and was reduced to $42,000 and change as I recall.

BMW of Columbia (SC) has 3 or 4 more on the lot, but this was their only remaining "solar orange" 2014 unit. I just didn't want another grey/silver/white car. Call it a 50 year old's mid-life crisis
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.. yeah.. that conundrum does take some serious thought. I had one on an extended test drive and it was very livable. Holds quite a bit of stuff for such a small car, very good power and driving dynamics and the range extender is a nice backup.

Kind of wish they had a 12 month lease, LOL. Be fun as a grand experiment as an only car for a year.

Nothing wrong with orange.. its a unique looking car to begin with might as well go all-out!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
atg4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Glad you're happy. I got a great deal on my non-rex. These things are a blast to drive!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.. yeah.. that conundrum does take some serious thought. I had one on an extended test drive and it was very livable. Holds quite a bit of stuff for such a small car, very good power and driving dynamics and the range extender is a nice backup.

Kind of wish they had a 12 month lease, LOL. Be fun as a grand experiment as an only car for a year.

Nothing wrong with orange.. its a unique looking car to begin with might as well go all-out!
Rent a car for long trips? How long is your commute or average drive day?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Rent a car for long trips? How long is your commute or average drive day?
I got an i3 nearly a month ago (REX) Did a few longer (200+ miles trips) Its completely useable for those as well, especially with proper coding to use REX hold and the full fuel tank.

Excellent car!
Appreciate 0