BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

09-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Cant wait to get the i3. The tesla s is the best selling car in norway in september allready , with over 6 percent marked share. The i3 is going to be a hit!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
...the DC shows does not even register on the official autoshow calendar. ...
I knew that to be the case in general. I thought BMW might do something special for the DC show as it's one of BMW's top markets, along with L.A. and NYC which are the only areas in the whole of the US having more BMW dealers than DC, LA having 2 more and NYC having 21 more. But then both those areas also have more than double DC's population.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
At roughly 3:00 you can hear the i3 rattling and squeaking as they drive. Sounds awful. I had to stop the video at that point bc it was like nails on a chalkboard...
That sound wasn't coming from the car(!)... BUT from one of the rear passenger's luggage resting on the back of the front seats. The car's interior was build very well and it was very quiet. All you hear is the whirl of the electric engine as you drive. BMW had these i3 shuttle cars to get us around the Messe. The IAA is huge... its more like a BIG airport than like your typical convention center.
Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification. It sounded like the squeaks we have in the e90 :-)

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
The indoor track was really cool and the BMW displays blew away their competition in overall appeal. Even with it being very crowded there was still room for almost everybody there to get a view of the track and the presentation. The displays at Porsche and Lamborghini were impossible to view. I was also impressed with how many I3s they had available to check out and get a feel for. I think I counted about eight of them.

The i cars were impressive. The i3 was very popular and looks like it could be a success but I'm a little worried that it may still be too far ahead of the infrastructure required to be established anywhere beyond niche markets.