07-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #45
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arezzo View Post
My order, originally Pure Impulse was changed by BMWNA to Tera World which I accepted now today it is back to Pure Impulse !. Status 150. LOL !
Maybe they gave you my Pure Impulse world and gave me your your Tera World. Wouldn't that be sweet for both of us (but highly unlikely since it makes perfect sense).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #46
Arezzo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5, 2018 Carrera T

My dealer's second i8 with a production date four weeks later than mine however cannot be changed back to PI, weird. Looks like the aliens looked at us posters and favored Bimmerpost ambassadors
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #47
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arezzo
My dealer's second i8 with a production date four weeks later than mine however cannot be changed back to PI, weird. Looks like the aliens looked at us posters and favored Bimmerpost ambassadors
My dealer was the exact opposite. 1st allocation which I had got switched to Tera World but the second didn't. So he switched me. October build but atleast I get the PI Package
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #48
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
My dealer was the exact opposite. 1st allocation which I had got switched to Tera World but the second didn't. So he switched me. October build but atleast I get the PI Package
And for mine, which is my dealer's first allocation, I requested Tera, had it confirmed and then rescinded and changed to PI. And it has remained PI and now can't be changed back to Tera, so my dealer is trying to find another dealer with whom he can swap cars (my PI for another's Tera).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here's a new one for you. See this announcement for the exclusive Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance edition of the i8, including the Pure Impulse Tera World interior.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11407257...l-be-auctioned

So now they've decided to make a combined package, albeit in a limited quantity of 1, since they can't make up their minds as to what interiors to be putting in the initial cars.

Should be interesting to see what price this car commands in the auction.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #50
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Here's a new one for you. See this announcement for the exclusive Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance edition of the i8, including the Pure Impulse Tera World interior.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11407257...l-be-auctioned

So now they've decided to make a combined package, albeit in a limited quantity of 1, since they can't make up their minds as to what interiors to be putting in the initial cars.

Should be interesting to see what price this car commands in the auction.
I saw this on Bimmerfest, it's also going to have a Frozen Grey paint job.

But check it out, not only is it the only US PI i8 with the Dalgberia brown, it is also apparently going to have the Display Key. And laser lights!

Does that mean we might see a Display Key or is it a rumor mill typo?

I logged in to the Gooding & Co website, which is the auction house that will be selling this one-off i8, and their description doesn't show anything about the Display Key.

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/201...ours--edition/

You have to create an account to read the little description of the car, btw.

Paging @Scott26 can you give us some insight on this first car with regard to the Display Key? Is it true? I can't imagine BMW is only producing one freaking Display Key!

Edit: Anyway I will try and catch the live feed of the auction if I can, to see if they will have and show off the Display Key. Really crossing my fingers for this one.

Last edited by ddk632; 07-25-2014 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #51
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

David, who knows. Maybe they only produced one display key, and that is the one we've seen photos of in the past.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #52
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
David, who knows. Maybe they only produced one display key, and that is the one we've seen photos of in the past.
I refuse to believe it!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #53
StuM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8 Protonic Blue/Pure Impulse/

Garage List
Dealer called today

My dealer called today re the PI and Tera interior issues. Apparently BMW has told him one of his four initial allocations must be Tera, but didn't stipulate which one. So, he was calling the three customer ordered cars (all want PI, including me) to see if any of us would shift to Tera. He then said, if none of the customers would change, then he would order his #1 allocation (his floor model to go at "market price') in the Tera interior.
I politely declined to be the volunteer and he said, "fine, we'll move on."
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #54
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

StuM, who is your dealer? Maybe I can put him in touch with mine since I want the Tera interior in my Crystal White Pearl car and I presently have the PI world.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #55
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I saw this on Bimmerfest, it's also going to have a Frozen Grey paint job.

But check it out, not only is it the only US PI i8 with the Dalgberia brown, it is also apparently going to have the Display Key. And laser lights!

Does that mean we might see a Display Key or is it a rumor mill typo?

I logged in to the Gooding & Co website, which is the auction house that will be selling this one-off i8, and their description doesn't show anything about the Display Key.

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/201...ours--edition/

You have to create an account to read the little description of the car, btw.

Paging @Scott26 can you give us some insight on this first car with regard to the Display Key? Is it true? I can't imagine BMW is only producing one freaking Display Key!

Edit: Anyway I will try and catch the live feed of the auction if I can, to see if they will have and show off the Display Key. Really crossing my fingers for this one.
The Laser Lights are pending as BMW essentially are not just trying to get these for the i8 but the next generation of BMW 7er and 5er that will feature Laser Lights as optional equipment. These however May be added at a later date if official confirmation is not been made.

The Display key will be produced but I am not sure of the specifics. I know there has been a lot of enquiries to why the key is not being offered which is not good especially when early promotion gave lots of headlines.
BMW are working on a BMW designed smartphone with another company as they are with a tablet that was previewed in the Vision Future Luxury.

The color is a one-off , customer requests for Individual color match have to be refused for all markets.
      07-27-2014, 07:05 AM   #56
Peggsy
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 & Jag Project 7

SCOTT26, do you mean that the i8 will be available with individual paint schemes in the future but that the one-off-colour will not be purchaseable or that there will be no individual colours available at all (how I have been told)

Also, you mention the possibility of adding lazer lights in the future... Will these be retrofitable?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #57
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Thanks @Scott26 appreciate your answer! Hope it all comes together for the Laserlights in the US. Really excited about the Display Key as well.

@Peggsy good question, as I was also told by Jacob Harb when I met him that BMW Individual will not be offered with the BMW i program for at least the first few years, but that was back in December. I doubt it has changed.
Appreciate 0