BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-18-2024, 12:39 PM   #67
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

just follow the money, I believe in cigarettes, pharmaceutical drugs, and gasoline.

others believe in mcdonalds.

some believe in tech

no need to argue
Appreciate 1
eluded3041.50
      03-18-2024, 02:10 PM   #68
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Yawn. You have no idea how it works. I've been working in the industry for over 25 years. And no, I'm no tree hugger and have never (or ever will) worked for EPA or any other regulating authority.
Yawn, I am a tree hugging environmentalist an have been one for decades. I'm also a four year student of stragifgraphy in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences. I have also had a 1 million dollar plus EPA court suit leveled against my company which I prevailed in. I could spend hours detailing all the stupid failures The EPA has been involved in.
The EPA is a political organization made up of people who couldn't cut it in the private sector.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2024, 03:59 PM   #69
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
The EPA is a political organization made up of people who couldn't cut it in the private sector.
Absolutely not true. Now if you were talking about certain state DNRs, I may be inclined to agree with you Some of the smartest and most down to earth and reasonable people I've worked with over the years have been with EPA. There are always exceptions though. If EPA comes after you or your company, chances are VERY high they gave you many warnings before finally pulling the trigger.
      03-18-2024, 04:16 PM   #70
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Absolutely not true.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) just released an updated 2023 Equity Action Plan explaining how the agency intends to “imbed equity, civil rights, and environmental justice” into all aspects of its work.
A close look can give us a better understanding of how the EPA plans to decrease the real gaps in environmental health impacts experienced by low income and communities of color.

Part of EPA’s improvements in their community-based science has meant hiring social scientists in order to integrate their skill sets in studying social systems and interactions among people. Finally, EPA prioritized a continued effort to make their procurement and contracting more equitable.

EPA is also continuing its work to link environmental protection and civil rights. Many organizations and agencies are carefully choosing how they will work for racial justice especially with regard to recent court decisions.

https://blog.ucsusa.org/kellickson/a...ative-impacts/
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 11:00 AM   #71
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) just released an updated 2023 Equity Action Plan explaining how the agency intends to “imbed equity, civil rights, and environmental justice” into all aspects of its work.
A close look can give us a better understanding of how the EPA plans to decrease the real gaps in environmental health impacts experienced by low income and communities of color.

Part of EPA’s improvements in their community-based science has meant hiring social scientists in order to integrate their skill sets in studying social systems and interactions among people. Finally, EPA prioritized a continued effort to make their procurement and contracting more equitable.

EPA is also continuing its work to link environmental protection and civil rights. Many organizations and agencies are carefully choosing how they will work for racial justice especially with regard to recent court decisions.

https://blog.ucsusa.org/kellickson/a...ative-impacts/
You don't see the links between environmental protection, civil rights, racial disparity, etc.?

In my 25 years, I've NEVER once worked an industry-responsible remediation/contaminated site in the US (and I've worked everywhere) that's located in a predominantly white and/or affluent area. Not until EPA/State DNRs really lean on industry do they start to do the bare minimum to cleanup their messes. Rarely do they offer up compensation for making people sick. Their teams of lawyers make it a big priority to not pay anything and discredit the science, the liability, etc.

Last edited by XutvJet; 03-19-2024 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 01:56 AM   #72
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

I'm all in on McDonalds. Good growth but concerns over high costs, bring back the dollar menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
just follow the money, I believe in cigarettes, pharmaceutical drugs, and gasoline.

others believe in mcdonalds.

some believe in tech

no need to argue
Appreciate 0