BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

09-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #1
Taxdr1965
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: R8

Newbie. Lease or buy?? Discounts?? Laser lights

So I think I am going to go ahead with one of these.

Seems like the lease deals are great on this car and it does not pay to buy it. I am seeing low mile 2016 fully loaded asking 118k used. Could maybe get it for 110k, but it seems like these car take a huge depreication hit, so maybe lease it best.

I am seeing discounts up here in NY of invoice. Which is basically 93% of the sticker, then add on the discounts and rebate of $5000 and $2460 and your close to 20k off. Residuals are good and money factor is good.

Has anyone seen below invoice before rebates and incentives???

Many of the cars have laser lights. For $6300 is it worth it?? Alot of money for lights.

Also whats the story with the key??? Do they come with that fancy key??

Does idrive let you get your emails and text via your phone??

Also no AM radio, can you stream it through your phone??
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
There are great lease deals out now. I also agree buying not a great buy because of the huge depreciation. Maybe buy used save some money if you're going to buy, but I think leasing is much better the depreciation you feel less.

Laser light IMO is a gimmick. It's high beams only and if you're leasing it will just add to your payment. If you're buying maybe get it if you really want to have it and you're keeping the car for a long time.

The key fob from Europe not in USA as yet. But there's some talk that it's coming but you will prob have to pay for it.

AM radio just use the iPhone app.

Emails through iDrive I'm not sure.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
D2nice
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 I8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxdr1965 View Post
So I think I am going to go ahead with one of these.

Seems like the lease deals are great on this car and it does not pay to buy it. I am seeing low mile 2016 fully loaded asking 118k used. Could maybe get it for 110k, but it seems like these car take a huge depreication hit, so maybe lease it best.

I am seeing discounts up here in NY of invoice. Which is basically 93% of the sticker, then add on the discounts and rebate of $5000 and $2460 and your close to 20k off. Residuals are good and money factor is good.

Has anyone seen below invoice before rebates and incentives???

Many of the cars have laser lights. For $6300 is it worth it?? Alot of money for lights.

Also whats the story with the key??? Do they come with that fancy key??

Does idrive let you get your emails and text via your phone??

Also no AM radio, can you stream it through your phone??
IMO the laser lights are definitely not worth buying because as mentioned they are only for High beams. Second the Key is cool but who really cares to carry another cell phone? don't get me wrong if it actually backs the car up and pulls it forward like the 7 series, maybe I would think about it because of the doors and pulling into tight spots, other than that nothing you're going to need. All we need is to give people another reason to say that BMW owners are douches "Hey Want to check out my new BMW display Key/" lol! And AM radio I don't know how many people still listen to AM, but if you must you can have the car coded for a few bucks and get it amongst other cooler features. I had mine done and i do have Am Radio but never once actually tuned in haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
Taxdr1965
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: R8

So do you own an i8? If so tell me your thoughts on the car
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #5
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxdr1965 View Post
So do you own an i8? If so tell me your thoughts on the car
I just sent you an email. Since you're local to me, let me see if I can help you.
Appreciate 0