BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

05-25-2016, 03:36 AM   #1
zagaboo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 Roadster

IDrive No Signal/Reboot Error

Car 5 months old and has been trouble free until I had a retrainst system fault. Booked into Sandal Wakefield who sorted it (but also managed to scuff my plastic sills :-/)

However, since I've had the car back (5 days) I keep getting the Idrive No Signal/reboot fault. Occurred about a dozen times since i collected the car last Friday. A coincidence or perhaps a fat fingered BMW tech doing more damage whilst 'fixing the electrics'?

A quick google shows this is a know issue on other BMW models, though I cant find an i8 related threads. Quoted 'fixes' range from manual reboot, software update to replacement radio hardware, so not particularly helpful.

Anyone else experienced this on the i8?

I'm quickly starting to fall out of love with this car. :-/
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 01:05 PM   #2
zagaboo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 Roadster

Forgot I posted this. Lol.

By way of an update. I never did get round to booking the car in at BMW, as the issue went away and hasn't happened since!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
Arobotbrain
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagaboo View Post
Car 5 months old and has been trouble free until I had a retrainst system fault. Booked into Sandal Wakefield who sorted it (but also managed to scuff my plastic sills :-/)

However, since I've had the car back (5 days) I keep getting the Idrive No Signal/reboot fault. Occurred about a dozen times since i collected the car last Friday. A coincidence or perhaps a fat fingered BMW tech doing more damage whilst 'fixing the electrics'?

A quick google shows this is a know issue on other BMW models, though I cant find an i8 related threads. Quoted 'fixes' range from manual reboot, software update to replacement radio hardware, so not particularly helpful.

Anyone else experienced this on the i8?

I'm quickly starting to fall out of love with this car. :-/

Had the same iDrive/reboot issue. Got it repaired under warranty. I was told that they had to exchange the central processing and hard drive unit. Took 3 days as it required a special order to obtain the replacement parts.
Appreciate 0