Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

11-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

awesome! Can't wait till these are available

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #24
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I came out of work in the Flatiron the day of the shoot and stumbled onto the shooting of this. Even though it looks beautiful in this video, it made my eyes glaze over because it was so gorgeous in real life. Even the wheels which I thought are kind of fugly, looked awesome. Thanks for posting this here.
Hey that's really cool man! Did you snap any cell phone pics of it or anything, I'd love to see them!

It's amazing how we can see things in real life so differently than in photos and videos. Glad to read your positive comments.

Btw I stumbled on this video on accident on Bimmerfest, some dude posted it in about 8 threads, bumping them up, and then hasn't responded to me about who he is or if he had anything to do with that shoot. Weird. But it's a super cool video, so hey, hope he didn't mind me reposting it here
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
Did you see that big white sign on the other side of the road that says "WHATS GOING ON HERE?". Yeah, I would not stop if i saw such sign in downtown NYC. Besides, none of the guys i saw stop by to take a cell phone pic looked like they had $140k to swing for a new bimmer.
You're judging how much people make and what they can afford in NYC based on what they are wearing? That's hilarious.

Usually, people that don't have as much, wear some flamboyant shit to call attention and make it seem as if they are millionaires. Those who have don't really care to dress to impress unless they are going to some event.
      11-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #26
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbeemer View Post
Precisely. Better looking, more practical, more luxurious, more hi-tech, cheaper, and will possibly outperform the i8. And zero gas powered.
You're basing your answers on a car you have never driven before and I might even venture to say that you've never driven a Tesla either. The only thing I see above that the Testa has the edge in is practicality. Better looking is subjective. I see the i8 and I see an exotic. I see the Tesla and I see a regular sports car/sedan. Haven't sat in the i8 so I can't comment on the luxury aspect. Hi-tech? The i8 is oozing with Hi-tech. And lastly is performance. The Model S is a bullet in the straights but we all know 0-60 times are for keyboard/magazine warriors

Last edited by Ghetto2315; 11-25-2013 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #27
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
You're judging how much people make and what they can afford in NYC based on what they are wearing? That's hilarious.

Usually, people that don't have as much, wear some flamboyant shit to call attention and make it seem as if they are millionaires. Those who have don't really care to dress to impress unless they are going to some event.
So true.

The guy in the suit might be a regular sales guy while the guy with the ponytail and Metallica t-shirt might be making a million dollar deposit at the bank in line in front of you.

It's not possible to look at someone and know what they can or cannot afford.

And regardless, there is no rule that says you can't appreciate something (a car, a yacht, a house, zombies protection gear) unless you can afford it. The point of the video was to show the car turns heads, it was not a documentary about people shopping for and buying an i8!

That's why the comment you quoted wasn't even worth responding to...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #28
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post

Please don't make fun of my flamboyant shit. It's expensive.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #29
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
So true.

The guy in the suit might be a regular sales guy while the guy with the ponytail and Metallica t-shirt might be making a million dollar deposit at the bank in line in front of you.

It's not possible to look at someone and know what they can or cannot afford.

Get the truck outta here! Please, tell me more!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #30
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i View Post
Get the truck outta here! Please, tell me more!
More.

But I am not moving the truck.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Hey that's really cool man! Did you snap any cell phone pics of it or anything, I'd love to see them!

It's amazing how we can see things in real life so differently than in photos and videos. Glad to read your positive comments.

Btw I stumbled on this video on accident on Bimmerfest, some dude posted it in about 8 threads, bumping them up, and then hasn't responded to me about who he is or if he had anything to do with that shoot. Weird. But it's a super cool video, so hey, hope he didn't mind me reposting it here
Here's a link to my post from the day they were shooting (they just shot it last Tuesday!) with an iphone pic attached. I figured if anybody was in the area they could go see for themselves how great it looks in person. I wish I thought to take one of just the wheels but I was running to the train, they looked so nice and "right" on this beautiful car.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915418
      11-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #32
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Here's a link to my post from the day they were shooting (they just shot it last Tuesday!) with an iphone pic attached. I figured if anybody was in the area they could go see for themselves how great it looks in person. I wish I thought to take one of just the wheels but I was running to the train, they looked so nice and "right" on this beautiful car.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915418
Really cool man... What a sight to see just walking out of your building, huh!

I plan to do some detail shots of the white i8 in LA today, will make sure to get the wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #33
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon C
Car is so f-ing sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
on tesla. Not even a good looking car IMO.

Dude... come on, thats absurd.

Why? What's so appealing about the car. Just an opinion, not absurd at all
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Really cool man... What a sight to see just walking out of your building, huh!

I plan to do some detail shots of the white i8 in LA today, will make sure to get the wheels
It was something I never expected even though there's always some kind of filming going on around here, at least this was a bit more exciting to me.

The white one that I've seen pictures of has different wheels than the Sophisto Gray one that was here. I'm wondering if you like them when you see them up close. Have fun in LA today!
      11-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #35
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
A Tesla and an i8 pull into Times Square. Which one will get the attention and the cameras going? Money's on the i8.
You can't compare curiosity between a car that has been released and is all over NYC versus a car that most people have only seen in movies. Common man, keep it fair.

I'm sure a dog shitting out glow in the dark turds would get more attention than an i8 just because people have never seen that before.

On a side note, I just drove the Model S (P85) this weekend and it's definitely a car I would go for if I drove daily. I would even venture to say that for me it's the best family sedan in the market from that price range (~$70k). Acceleration and handling were superb for a 4400lb+ 7 seater. We also can't compare a 7 seater family sedan to a 2 seater exotic car.