afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
I have said this before! The i3 is a shopping trolly a very expensive shopping trolly and once the rush of buying the i3 was over by the ev fan boys the price will drop massively as it's not a BMW drivers car. I tried a couple of times to buy the i3 but is didn't drive well. My BMW 225xe was my second option at the time but leaves the i3 well in it's dust on all fronts other than maybe looks.
Why do you still come to this website and even post anymore? You never say anything good other than to say how bad it is?
I guess some people get off on trolling.
Unfortunately, trolls are the cost of hanging out on these forums.

I find it kinda amusing that the dude is bragging about his 225xe, the front-wheel drive abortion of BMWs.

Even BMW is too ashamed to call it a car.
In all BMW literature, 225xe is referred to as an "MPV". Otherwise knows a mini-mini-VAN, or a rebadged and crumpled MINI Countryman.

Quote:
Well after adding all the government and local government rebates and dealer discounts my "purchase" not lease costed me about 200 a month for 3 years.

Now when I turn it in this august (early turn in) the balloon payment will be 27k dollars. And when they resell it to me at 15k I will have saved again.

So in total with dealer discounts and government discounts and the discount from the customers choice option, I will have bought my 2014 i3 NEW! For around $22k dollars.
That's a steal (aka Honda Civic money).

Frankly, BMW's aggressive pricing is how I found myself in an i3.

I was looking at EVs, but had no particular allegiance or preference for an i3. In fact, I was close to getting an e-Golf, until I ran the #s, and the monthly lease payments on an i3 were ~1/2 of that for an e-Golf.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #46
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
I have said this before! The i3 is a shopping trolly a very expensive shopping trolly and once the rush of buying the i3 was over by the ev fan boys the price will drop massively as it's not a BMW drivers car. I tried a couple of times to buy the i3 but is didn't drive well. My BMW 225xe was my second option at the time but leaves the i3 well in it's dust on all fronts other than maybe looks.
Why do you still come to this website and even post anymore? You never say anything good other than to say how bad it is?
I guess some people get off on trolling.
Unfortunately, trolls are the cost of hanging out on these forums.

I find it kinda amusing that the dude is bragging about his 225xe, the front-wheel drive abortion of BMWs.

Even BMW is too ashamed to call it a car.
In all BMW literature, 225xe is referred to as an "MPV". Otherwise knows a mini-mini-VAN, or a rebadged and crumpled MINI Countryman.

Quote:
Well after adding all the government and local government rebates and dealer discounts my "purchase" not lease costed me about 200 a month for 3 years.

Now when I turn it in this august (early turn in) the balloon payment will be 27k dollars. And when they resell it to me at 15k I will have saved again.

So in total with dealer discounts and government discounts and the discount from the customers choice option, I will have bought my 2014 i3 NEW! For around $22k dollars.
That's a steal (aka Honda Civic money).

Frankly, BMW's aggressive pricing is how I found myself in an i3.

I was looking at EVs, but had no particular allegiance or preference for an i3. In fact, I was close to getting an e-Golf, until I ran the #s, and the monthly lease payments on an i3 were ~1/2 of that for an e-Golf.

a
Totally ! I feel bad as the investment they made is not fully holding up as the sales are not all that strong but for me it worked out well getting an amazing car for an amazing price.

Plus at least for me anyway it's kind of nice as when I see another i3 it's kind of Special as you don't see them every day, tesla on the other hand are like Honda civics around here you see them everywhere so it's just another car and looses some of its magic when you see them all the time.
Appreciate 0