BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

03-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

2014 i3 REX - rear 12V socket fuse

Our rear 12V socket is not working. Our fuse box includes a schematic sheet as shown in the images below. Based on these images, it looks like fuse 65 and 127 should control the sockets. I can locate fuse 65, and it is good. On our i3, I can't find fuse 127. Attached is a picture of my fuse box. Note that the column of fuses on the LHS of the schematic (with fuse 127 at the top) are not present in my fuse box (on the LHS).

What gives?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
reductase
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 335i  [0.00]
For lack of 20A fuses in there, do you know if it was ever working previously? Though looking at the neighboring fuses, there should be at least one other 20A for your air conditioning and heated seats... must be another fuse box.

I didn't know I had a rear 12V socket... curious to see the layout, will check it this evening.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reductase View Post
For lack of 20A fuses in there, do you know if it was ever working previously? Though looking at the neighboring fuses, there should be at least one other 20A for your air conditioning and heated seats... must be another fuse box.

I didn't know I had a rear 12V socket... curious to see the layout, will check it this evening.
Thanks. I suspect there is another fuse box. I know the socket was working a while back. Let me know if you find any helpful information.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
reductase
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 335i  [0.00]
ok, I finally got around to checking this today... at first I could see everything the same as you described, so went looking for a second fuse box. No luck, but the frunk is looking much cleaner.

Mystery solved when I returned to the fuse box and twisted into the footwell so that I could see right up behind the passenger airbag. From that angle, I could see there is another row of fuses behind the relays.

Everything matched the fuse diagram the same as you outlined, but you need someone with tiny hands and strong fingers to change that any fuse in that row.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reductase View Post
ok, I finally got around to checking this today... at first I could see everything the same as you described, so went looking for a second fuse box. No luck, but the frunk is looking much cleaner.

Mystery solved when I returned to the fuse box and twisted into the footwell so that I could see right up behind the passenger airbag. From that angle, I could see there is another row of fuses behind the relays.

Everything matched the fuse diagram the same as you outlined, but you need someone with tiny hands and strong fingers to change that any fuse in that row.
Very helpful -- thank you!
Appreciate 0