BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMW i partners with Schneider Electric to provide home charging installation in UK

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW i seals partnership deal to provide home charging installation service in the UK
COMMENTS
Name:  P90129260-highRes.jpg
Views: 3627
Size:  212.1 KB

BMW i seals partnership deal to provide home charging installation service in the UK.

BMW i continues to forge ahead with the introduction of customer-friendly electromobility services in the UK, forming a partnership with Schneider Electric. The partnership sees Schneider Electric become, not only the manufacturer of the BMW i Wallbox, but also the recommended installer.

This collaboration will allow Schneider Electric to work closely with the BMW i Sales Agents and customers, providing home surveys, supply and installation of the charging point, as well as offering maintenance and comprehensive support. The installation package will be provided by Schneider Electric but managed by BMW and can be customised to meet customers‘ specific requirements.

The BMW i Wallbox will allow BMW i owners to charge their vehicle’s quickly and conveniently while at home or at work. The BMW i3 is the first electric vehicle on the market to be purpose-designed to work with a specially developed home charging unit from the outset.

The BMW i Wallbox will enable owners in the UK to charge their BMW i3 at up to 7.4kW from zero to 80 per cent within three hours, and on to a full charge within four hours.

As part of a £37 million package of investment in electric vehicles in the UK, the government offers a 75 per cent grant for the provision of domestic charging points. This subsidy applies to the BMW i Wallbox, bringing the installed cost down to £315 incl. VAT*.

David Greaves, National Business Development Manager for EV at Schneider Electric, comments: “We are very excited about this partnership as the provider of home EV charging systems to BMW customers. We strive to deliver seamless, efficient and customer-friendly EV charging installation, extending excellent service into the provision of domestic electric car charging systems.“
Suzanne Gray, General Manager BMW i, commented: “We are delighted to have Schneider Electric, one of the world’s most experienced leaders in EV charging technology infrastructure, on board to help bring 360˚ ELECTRIC to customers as part of the launch of the new BMW i3”.

This is the first time that a premium car manufacturer has partnered directly with a charging point manufacturer and installer to provide EV charging facilities in the home, not only in the UK but through a global partnership between BMW AG and Schneider Electric.

Name:  P90129257-highRes.jpg
Views: 3490
Size:  252.6 KB

Name:  P90129255-highRes.jpg
Views: 3762
Size:  63.3 KB

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
MrBens
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW i3

French tech inside