05-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #1162
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Not meant for cruelty, I was just making an observation based on what I know and I've seen.

Here I see people in their 700 dollar shoes complaining about the price of food, and how their rent keeps going up. I've tried to understand this but...

I was in a cars and coffee sitting next to a table to some Ferrari blokes who kept talking about some parts for their cars. I couldn't stop laughing because the girls in the table were openly googling their worth.

I know this all seems hypocritical coming from me, you probably think my biggest worry in the world is how to spend the money the hubby makes but when we started our lives together, we had absolutely nothing. Our flat was tiny, we made extra payments for it to get ahead, we learned how to renovate, my interest in restorations and antiques was born from the sheer need for cheap stuff.

Sure, now we are all grown up. He's made great leaps in his career, my dead daddy didn't hurt us financially, but we both know we made it all together. He doesn't bitch about me bringing home extra mouths to feed and I don't mind him taking off for weeks for work.

I still keep a tight watch over money, I consider spending it on stuff stupid, and the finer things in life for me is time. I get to cook with the kids, roll on a couch reading a book in my yoga pants and I don't have to think for one second my world would collapse if he dumped me tomorrow.
Your work ethic and ability to budgeting is an attribute that is few and far between.

The girls I know? They complain if, god forbid, they work an 8 hour day. One is getting married and was sobbing...sobbing and in tears because she was "only" getting $75,000 from her parents for her wedding where the costs are expected to be around $65,000. She was legitimately upset that she'd only get to keep $10k.

This is the same person who complains about not being able to pay her credit card bills and will then go on vacation for 2 weeks.

Sad how many people are like that.

EDIT: lol just saw OP's "list", she'd fit in well around here. Expensive tastes and as engaging to talk to as a rock and relies on another man's money.

Last edited by fecurtis; 05-27-2015 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 1